• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Innings of the Year

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The year's coming to a close and not much can be expected from the upcoming/ongoing series in Australia and SA so now seems like an appropriate time for this, especially in light of Kane's frictionless brilliance yesterday, as Osman Samiuddin aptly put it yesterday. A match winning and series defining hundred in the 2nd Innings on a UAE dustbowl, nullifying the spin of Yasir and Bilal. Probably his best ever. Honourable mention to Nicholls' support too.

Earlier in the year, De Villiers arguably also played the best knock of his career. It was another one which shifted the momentum and turned the match on its head. Was very good to watch and against a great bowling attack. What a way to bow out.

Against Pakistan in the UAE again, Khwaja batted for over 500 minutes (!) and helped save the match. It was refreshingly gritty and defiant. Certainly one of the great test innings also.

I'll go ahead and nominate Kohli finally tonning up in England also.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rohit Sharma - 37

An innings so smart the natural world demanded it cease.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ben Foakes at Galle - set the path for the destination of two series, the SL one and next year's Ashes

trundler

Oh yeah. Oddly forgot Pujara. It was a great innings indeed. WAG. Karunaratne vs SA was great too. Was good to watch and needless to say had a huge impact.

Not many huge scores this year. Huh.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Karunaratne takes the prize on my ratings (19.73).

Kane and Henry weigh in at 16.19 and 16.16 respectively. Gold performances.

Bolo

State Captain
Distinct bias at play here- recency, national and limited sampling (have watched few neutral games live).

This said, that AB innings was leagues ahead of the next best I've seen in my life. I seriously doubt there had ever been sustained relentless reverse like that before. Him dominating the bowlers to an extent I don't think I've seen before while the other bats were hapless was something else.

trundler

Distinct bias at play here- recency, national and limited sampling (have watched few neutral games live).

This said, that AB innings was leagues ahead of the next best I've seen in my life. I seriously doubt there had ever been sustained relentless reverse like that before. Him dominating the bowlers to an extent I don't think I've seen before while the other bats were hapless was something else.
Yes it was remarkable. Kinds got me back into cricket. Watched that whole series live. SA were coming off a loss in the first innings IIRC.

Bijed

International Regular
Also, whilst it wasn't the most impactful innings of the year, I want to nominate Cook's final 147 for sentimental reasons