• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think Dhawan could have been useful. His technique won't be exposed as much in Australia as it was in England/SA.
Disagree really. Australian pitches are flat as **** but they do offer bounce off a length, which can exploit his issues almost as much as the swing in England or the seam in SA. Vijay and Rahul have issues too, but less so IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's 2018. Easy enough to fly someone out to cover injuries. Three spinners is a bit of a head scratcher, I can imagine they want some variety. Maybe one of Ashwin and Jadeja will bat 7?
I think they'll only select one at once, but they're probably still a bit undecided as to who that one will be. It could change based on early tour form or possibly even more than once across a four Test series. As said above it's a big squad so they can offord to carry three players for one spot if they're unsure about it.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disagree really. Australian pitches are flat as **** but they do offer bounce off a length, which can exploit his issues almost as much as the swing in England or the seam in SA. Vijay and Rahul have issues too, but less so IMO.
Dhawan has done well in ODIs over there though.

cnerd123

likes this
I think we might really miss Pandya. We need 5 bowlers - atm it looks like 3 seamers + 2 spinners with that squad, unless we're willing to risk a long tail.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
long tail tho. Bhuvi at 8 is okay, but we then have 3 number 11s to follow him. Also means Jadeja batting at 7.
Yeah that'd effectively mean Bhuvi was coming in for Pandya. It might be the best option but it's definitely less than ideal. Pandya probably gets selected a bit too often for India in Tests, but he would've been ideal for this tour.

Daemon

He has the lowest bowling average amongst the squad. I think he's a chance for 600 test wickets. Maybe we should start a thread.

Burgey

Harsha Bogle on the abc right now confidently predicting an India win, so that basically guarantees we’ll get home.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I think Aus will win but it'll not be easy. We'll win some sessions and maybe a test. Prediction: Some au quick will get injured but Tremain will come in and do well.

the big bambino

International Captain
I can understand India’s caution but really you know India will win this series against a side that simply cannot bat and is minnow level in that department atm. In fact I expect India to be 2 up after about six days play in the series and this will force a recall of the banned players after the lynching of CA which will make wonderful viewing.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I'm curious to see how the Melbourne pitch plays. After the infraction l am hoping for something with life in it.
Is Adelaide a day/night test?

morgieb

I'm curious to see how the Melbourne pitch plays. After the infraction l am hoping for something with life in it.
Is Adelaide a day/night test?
Nah. Hard to tell what that means - on the one hands more roads is probably better for us, on the other they're the sort of roads (bar Perth which I have no idea how it'll play) that India should handle well.