• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2018/19

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Doesn't look like we're getting highlights on the scorecard. Wellington looks interesting with a couple of the younger guys who've been hyped up here a bit, and my mate and 3rd grade Christchurch T20 champ Jamie Brown is back to playing for Auckland which is exciting.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Ahh there is, refresh your browser. I had my tabs up from the pre-game and it wasn't showing, must be a bug

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to see Ben Sears making his debut, even if he's been taken apart a little bit. JimmyGS's bowling looks awfully wayward, lots of short wide-ones in the 4's montage.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
He's looking very annoyed after every half tracker he bowls is pounded to the boundary - just has no control of length and never has.

Wonder how quick Sears is (cos we all know pace is all the matters) - I'd say 135-140.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
4 debutants for Firebirds today. Lauchie Johns, Ben Sears, Jacob Bhula and Andrew Fletcher. Despite 4 debuts Firebirds may seal this game fairly easily (I'm hoping they do). Andrew Fletcher could get a 100 by the looks of it, he edged his way to first 20 runs but since then he has looked ok. Nofal was looking like he was going to get another 100 but got out after scoring 50. If Canterbury are going to lose this (they're looking like they are going to lose it easy) then they are well and truly gone down big time.

nzfan

Emphatic win for firebirds. Great to see Andrew Fletcher score a big hundred. Firebirds seems to be quite strong this year. Jimmy Neesham must be relieved now to be in a side that's not struggling.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just the 240 South African-born runs propping up Wellington's innings yesterday I see, down from 319 in the Shield's Rd. 2. :happy: Fletcher's scratchy and inelegant moments probably because he's the closest to being authentic Kiwi of the three.

Other associations exploring this 'play more Saffers, score way more runs' angle in their A team choices I see. Nick Hendrie, Brian Barnard.

nzfan

Just the 240 South African-born runs propping up Wellington's innings yesterday I see, down from 319 in the Shield's Rd. 2. :happy: Fletcher's scratchy and inelegant moments probably because he's the closest to being authentic Kiwi of the three.

Other associations exploring this 'play more Saffers, score way more runs' angle in their A team choices I see. Nick Hendrie, Brian Barnard.
Andrew Fletcher is an out and out Onslow product. Not sure why you thought he's a South African. Maybe he's born in South Africa but I know he's a Wellington Coll boy. More kiwi than a Saffie.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hah Kelly's frustration with his bottom-hand dominance really boiled over today. We'll blame Howsie for pumping up his tyres too much in the early days.

Blain

U19 Captain
Some good games on, bowling sides just on top. Thought Solia was going to back up, 60 odd is a good innings though. EPOO, Auckland will need 300+. Leopard and Ave trying to save the Stags, don't know much about Ave, but love me some Leopard.

Anyone know if we can watch the streams live? I'd love to just chuck it on in the back ground.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No, Auckland Cricket tried stream*ng Ford Trophy on YouTube a couple of seasons back, either got clamped down on by Sky or just wasn't popular enough.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
It's like a twitch streamer with 10 average viewers making his/her chat subscribers-only. It'll just kill the channel altogether. If there's no interest in the sport, open it up to everybody and build a community. Make it accessible, make it visible. There's no reason that our highest level of cricket in this country besides internationals should have no coverage.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I think you're right that just straight-up vanity does come into it now, re: how lax NZC and domestic teams are becoming about keeping a devout cricket supporter in New Zealand feeling appreciated and catered to.

Flem274*

123/5
i don't understand the ND batting order. brownlie at #6?

ours is pretty funny but with half the team away spamming allrounders is understandable.

finn allen being asked to open for auckland is interesting

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Brownlie being a really strong white ball player for NZA does feel like it's not something they see any point to trying to reinvigorate now. It seems he's almost too content with a cruisy Mt Mounganui surfing life on the domestic contract and to push Cooper and Seifert's careers forward in FC, push Kelly forward in LO.