• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan vs Australia in the UAE 2018

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warne was ordinary in the shield as well. MacGill averaged almost 35 in the shield too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was in the UAE last week and it was stinking hot so doubt that bowling Lyon & Starc so much is the greatest plan for a warmup match
Yeah these were my thoughts too, but I guess there is still 7 days to go so id be more concerned with a marathon spell on day 3 and 4 of the match.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't forget that when he shows up for the NSW attack he's competing with Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins for wickets and when he turned out for SA was right in Sayers peak.

When quicks get all the wickets spinners can find it harder to pick up the big hauls.
Usually SOK massively outperformed him. Has lessened in the last couple of seasons

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
Warner dude
Warner had the FC numbers to warrant test selection though, as others have pointed out.

Without trying to detract from Lyon's achievements, it is not unreasonable to argue T20 cricket played a more integral part of his career in terms of reaching the test team, than it did Warner.

stephen

I think with Lyon it was a lot like with Warne - he was picked based on the revs he put on the ball, not on any actual form.

Daemon

Fair.

I guess Hardik Pandya is another recent example, though it remains to be seen if he'll have even a quarter of Lyon's success

Burgey

Lyon gets eight.

Why is Renshaw batting three? Did he pick up an injury in the field or something?

vcs

Impressive from Lyon. Pretty strong team put out here by the Pakistanis.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I doubt it.

Khawaja getting out to the spinner was unfortunately very predictable.

stephen

Renshaw surely will play the first test. He's been withdrawn more for precautionary reasons I think?

Daemon

Very good from Lyon. Seems like he's nailed the art of switching styles in the SC vs Aus.

trundler

Asia includes the mighty Hong Kong too and it would be foolish to overlook them!

I'm just testing how easy it is to get a ***** like.