• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ed Smith is due a fair bit of credit, as neither Buttler or Curran were universally seen as great selections back in May.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Curran Curran no one hit 6 sixes in SL bats lower down in test matches.Curran really lucky charm

171/7

Wow Sam even reached highest run scorer (64)in the innings
Pushpakumara good but licking too many runs

FBU

International Debutant
Curran leading 6 hitter in Tests 2018 with 14.
Pant 12. Imagine both in the same IPL team.:)

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Have a feeling Leach is gonna take 10+ wickets in the match. If the pitch only deteriorates from here his line is going to be a nightmare for the Sri Lankan batsmen.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm seeing a lot of judging of the pitch before both sides have batted. Really that bad? Or one of these Asian wickets that's revealed to have little bounce and we just mistimed everything? A lot of '250 is a good score' pitches have turned out be anything but in this part of the world.
Only saw first session but looked like one of the pitches we played on in Bangladesh where it was turning appreciably very early. Will be a fun test no matter who wins.

flibbertyjibber

Ed Smith is due a fair bit of credit, as neither Buttler or Curran were universally seen as great selections back in May.
I wasn't worried about Curran as he was clearly a talent, may have been too early but Buttler is a definite plus I didn't expect. He has played very well, hope he continues like this.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll give him credit for the Curran selection since that boy has exceeded expectations and taken to Test cricket like a hooker to crack. Plus, at the time it wasn't as much of a slap in the face of County regulars as Buttler.

I never thought I'd be in the position yesterday where I was wondering why not have Buttler at 3 instead of shoving Stokes up there.

91Jmay

International Coach
Nah not picked, loaded up on spinners + Curran got the nod as we need lower order bats.

de Silva doing well to transfer pressure here. Game evening up a bit.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Ffs Anderson should have been on 20 mins ago. He'd likely control the runrate and always causes karunaratne problems

vcs

Sri Lanka need a couple of big partnerships here to get to first innings parity or better. Don't want to be chasing much more than 150 in the fourth innings.