• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Queensland pull off the victory we all hoped Australia would manage. 6-414 with a top score of 78. 4 guys with scores between 74 and 78.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Depressing that the three guys who have hit two hundreds this season are all over 28 and have first class averages in the 20s/ low 30s.

We're in need of some young talent like Pucovski to come through and start bashing down the door.
Skull has him inked in as Australia's next top order talent, health concerns permitting.

He was asked about Renshaw and someone else today, who I can't recall. He said Renshaw has a stiff front leg and insists on playing around it, and the other fella has a back lift which comes from the North Pole. He basically said we need an opener who has Paine's forward defensive press, which he reckons (correctly imo) is the best going around in the Australian side by a mile. Shame the **** can't play a pull shot atm.

Edit: the other bloke was Burns

Last edited:

stephen

Burns has technical flaws but still has a miles better technique than Handscomb. I don't actually rate Burns all that highly as an opener - I think he'd make an ideal number 5, but he can do it and has form on the board.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Simon Milenko looking like the grim spectre of death here, don't bowl with a busted shoulder/pec fella.
Considering how slow a fully fit Milenko bowls, I can barely even imagine him even be able to make the length of the pitch with a crocked shoulder

Burgey

Burns has technical flaws but still has a miles better technique than Handscomb. I don't actually rate Burns all that highly as an opener - I think he'd make an ideal number 5, but he can do it and has form on the board.
My grandmother has a better technique than Handscomb and she died in 2014. In fact, I think it was seeing him bat that finally caused her death.

Burgey

Smith has a great technique, it;s just his trigger movements are exaggerated. At point of delivery he's in line and his head is still. He scores off both feet and all around the wicket, plays the horizontal bat shots from up to down and has a rock solid defensive press. I know I've banged on about that before, but it's true.

Gnske

This gimmicky competition somehow rules the majority of our summer of cricket.

Amazing. Make it three JLT cup matches next year, I want more batflips.

social

Burgey is right

9/10 times, Smith is technically perfect at point of contact

Everything’s in line, head is still, eyes are square, full face of bat and perfect balance

Playing a ball through square leg from off stump carries less risk for him than a defensive shot for some of our other players

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Smith has a nightmare of a technique for a bowler. Gets power on just about every shot whether expansive or tight to the body, has huge scoring arcs for every ball so no reliable way to shut him up and is patient. Just awful.

One example for me of the awfulness is how much power he gets on his cover drive despite not really leaning into the shot like us mortals need to. Throw it up there and he has that extra split second to wait and see if he can cover the movement. Bring it back to try to draw the nick to 3nd and the **** is already back and waiting to slice you through or ****ing over point for 4 or 6. Try to bring it back in for the shout and he can make that decision to move offside late to whip you through anywhere from mid-on to backward square. He's playing with cheat codes, it's just unfair.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
I just realised that the shield is over for the year. :(
I wonder if Will Pucovski didn't have his issue or if there were more FC games before the Sri Lanka series that he could have pressed his claims more.

Watched some footage and he does look quite good on back-foot drive/cut ,straight-drive and pull (despite his history). With his pedigree for runs and more runs there may have been a chance of debut this summer. I don't think it is that crazy.