• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of India 2018

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Joseph's out, seems they don't think he's fit enough for the tests, and has been replaced with a guy I've never heard of called Sherman Lewis
Sherman Lewis is a skiddy fast medium bowler who can swing the ball both ways. He has been very decent for the A team. Doubt he will play though.

Burner

International Regular
Should play Pant in these two Tests even if Saha is fit.
Saha is out for a few months at least I hear. Pant should play both tests especially given that Kohli's hinted at him being a mainstay.

Too soon to say maybe but I think Pant will end up as India's greatest WK/bat at the least.

Burner

International Regular
Hope it has pacer friendly pitches. **** this Ashwin and Jadeja ****.
They pluck wickets at home regardless of the pitches though. It's only away that they **** the bed even on pitches that they should be doing good on.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hope it has pacer friendly pitches. **** this Ashwin and Jadeja ****.
Why? Variety is the spice of life and all that. I'd like to see guys like Dhawan and Pujara getting the chance to cash in while our spinners strangle the life out of them.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why? Variety is the spice of life and all that. I'd like to see guys like Dhawan and Pujara getting the chance to cash in while our spinners strangle the life out of them.
Nah, done with this. India have a good pace attack now. Regular pitch which favours spin only in the the 3rd and 4th innings please. Also increases chances of winning abroad.

vcs

The spinners will always have to put in a big shift for us at home. Unlike the Dukes, the ball won't move an inch for the quicks after the first 10 or so overs.

In most venues anyway, barring one or two like Dharamsala.

Bolo

State Captain
Rather 75% than 85% as a spectator anyway. Its dull watching your team crush hapless opposition.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If I was a partisan groundsman for this series I'd prepare slow flat ones, I think. Like the last home series against England.

The West Indies have some talented batsmen but most of them don't have the ruthless professionalism or body or work behind them needed to consistently post 450+ in the first innings. Turning it into a game where being talented and/or technically adept enough to score 60 against threatening bowlers is a big contribution would only play into their hands by bringing players like Hetmyer, Chase and Holder right into the game, and also not testing the fitness of bowlers like Roach and Gabriel over a long first innings.

Last edited:

Daemon

If I was a partisan groundsman for this series I'd prepare slow flat ones, I think. Like the last home series against England.

The West Indies have some talented batsmen but most of them don't have the ruthless professionalism or body or work behind them needed to consistently post 450+ in the first innings. Turning it into a game where being talented and/or technically adept enough to score 60 against threatening bowlers is a big contribution would only play into their hands by bringing players like Hetmyer, Chase and Holder right into the game, and also not testing the fitness of bowlers like Roach and Gabriel over a long first innings.
Where's the fun in that though

Hopefully we get a seamer's deck or two

cnerd123

likes this

It works the same for their bowlers too. They're talented and could win a game with one session of great bowling in helpful conditions, but give them a slow lifeless deck to work on and they probably don't have the discipline and patience required to build pressure.

vcs

Typo in the thread title is bugging me.

Tests will be UAE-esque slow burners, judging by the last few matches at those venues. Jaddu will bowl a lot.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It works the same for their bowlers too. They're talented and could win a game with one session of great bowling in helpful conditions, but give them a slow lifeless deck to work on and they probably don't have the discipline and patience required to build pressure.
I feel our bowlers are better equipped to deal with slow low pitches. Over their careers, Gabriel, Roach and Holder have bowled mostly on slow low decks and yet still have excellent records. I do agree that out batsmen, Kraigg aside, lack the concentration required to consistently play long innings on slow/low pitches.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like this will be Stuart Law's final assignment as West Indies coach. Seems nuts (or par) for the WICB to get rid of him after their recent upswing in form.