• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka Tour of West Indies 2018

Borges

International Regular
Really nervous nineties for Dowrich. But at last there is the century. Well played, and all that!

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
How does Dilruwan still make this team?Must be averaging 45-50 with the ball for the past year.No way is he a number 7 either.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Rather stack the batting with Dickwella at 7 and use DDS offspin to get through a few overs when he comes in next test.Of course if Mathews starts bowling again somewhere down the line I think Dickwella at 7 will be a formality

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Rather stack the batting with Dickwella at 7 and use DDS offspin to get through a few overs when he comes in next test.Of course if Mathews starts bowling again somewhere down the line I think Dickwella at 7 will be a formality
You're spot on,if DDS had played I think that is exactly what would have happened..
Uh oh, our card is looking like an international dialling code again..

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Well done to the Windies on a really good day from them..starting my rain dance for tomorrow but that isnt going to save us..

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Was going to stay up and watch some of this but couldnt be bothered with the rain delay.

Couldn't have asked for a better day for the Windies. I guess that's what happens when you bat for a really long time.

What's the forecast for the rest of the series? Regardless, I wouldn't enforce the follow on here (presuming they can).

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The rejuvenation of Kemar Roach has been one of the most pleasing things to happen in cricket recently. For a while it looked like he would never recover from the shoulder issues he had, I thought he was finished after his horror last tour of Australia. But he has well and truly bounced back, great to see

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see Gabriel produced a ball to go on the all time worst list. I also see that the attendance numbered about 25.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I see Gabriel produced a ball to go on the all time worst list. I also see that the attendance numbered about 25.
Good old Shannon. He produced 10 extras and 3 jaffas in one over.

R.E attendance I'm afraid that's test cricket in the Caribbean nowadays if we're not playing England or India. Also there is a semi-successful boycott in place by Trinidadians due to the boards treatment of Ramdin, Bravo, Evin Lewis etc and for not selecting any Trinis.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Wasn't there a bunch of locals outside whinging about Ramdin
Yeah a local radio host called Andre Baptiste was trying to start a protest. About 100 people turned up, not enormous. It is true that Trini players are on the receiving end of WICB dotishness but in this case there are only 2 Trinis not in the team who I would play in Darren Bravo and Evin Lewis. Bravo is now in what appears to be self-imposed exile whilst Lewis hasn't played 4 day cricket for a while. Ramdin scored loads of runs and if Dowrich had failed he would have been recalled for the next series. But Dowrich just played a wonderful test knock, so fair play to him and the selectors for sticking with him.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
100 is a fair amount to protest about such a thing tbh.

Still hoping that Bravo will come around one day. He was so committed just a few years ago...

Anyway, Windies need to turn it on tonight and keep their foot on the throat. Roll Sri Lanka for sub 200 and have another bat again for a day. Letting some of the top order fill their boots would be optimal

Last edited: