• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka Tour of West Indies 2018

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think they have a good core bunch now under Holder. Brathwaite, Hope, Gabriel, Cummins, Chase, Roach, Bishoo. This is a solid bunch and have won crucial tests against England and Pakistan in recent times. If WICB don't **** this up, this team has potential

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I think they have a good core bunch now under Holder. Brathwaite, Hope, Gabriel, Cummins, Chase, Roach, Bishoo. This is a solid bunch and have won crucial tests against England and Pakistan in recent times. If WICB don't **** this up, this team has potential
Yeah the team is actually good than lot of people give them credit for

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Yeah the team is actually good than lot of people give them credit for
They really struggled in New Zealand against the short ball which will have set the team back a little. Before then it was going pretty well. A few of the batsmen like Chase and Hope have a point to prove against the short ball. We also have some key positions to sort out...

- Opening batsman (Powell hasn't done it, no youngsters have scored runs and so Devon gets another go).

- Wicketkeeper (Dowrich has been dreadful with bat and gloves but did score runs against England Lions)

- Spinner (Bishoo is very inconsistent and Cornwall and Warrican are banging down the door).

Gabriel was also pretty awful in New Zealand so we'll need to keep an eye on him)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
So Devon Smith has been recalled to the WI test team again. Absolutely dreadful decision imo, he has had ample opportunity in the past and has consistently been found wanting.

They might as well bring back Darren powell if old washouts is the new approach

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
- Opening batsman (Powell hasn't done it, no youngsters have scored runs and so Devon gets another go).
Devon Smith? **** is he still around? He was knicking off for single digit scores for fun even back when the Waugh brothers were playing. Good to see he's still at it.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Nice to see some.of our batsmen getting some runs in during the warm up game. Would have liked to see Kusal M get some but I am sure he will come good..

Beamer

Worried about this test, I just found our selection so uninspiring. There isn't a single bowler in our squad that makes me want to watch it and get excited about.

So I guess I'll just be praying for runs and attractive batting from Hope, Hetmeyer and Chase.

YorksLanka are there any Sri Lankan fast bowlers we can look forward to seeing?

Beamer

WI: Devon Smith, Kraigg Brathwaite, Kieran Powell, Shai Hope, Roston Chase, Shane Dowrich, Jason Holder, Devendra Bishoo, Kemar Roach, Miguel Cummins, Shannon Gabriel

SL: Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis, Dinesh Chandimal (capt), Angelo Mathews, Roshen Silva, Niroshan Dickwella (wk), Dilruwan Perera, Rangana Herath, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Gamage, Lahiru Kumara

Really depressing. Powell instead of Hetmeyer? Cummins instead of well....anyone! Urgh. There hasn't been a Windies test for a while but now I'm remembering why I often find it so frustrating. We never put our best foot forward.

Borges

International Regular
I thought this was a very good toss to win for the West Indies.

But Chandimal says that Sri Lanka would have bowled first; so in practice it didn't matter who won the toss.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That Cummins keeps getting games over Joseph is silly. That Powell keeps getting picked is also silly.

Beamer

That Cummins keeps getting games over Joseph is silly. That Powell keeps getting picked is also silly.
Unfortunately Joseph is quite seriously injured with back problems and wont be back for a good 6 weeks or so having been out for ages already. Agreed on Powell though. The man just can't move past these 20s and 30s.

Shai and Chase looking good though. Please Lord can they build a partnership I love watching them bat.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Decent start this by the Windies. Sri Lanka will Hope they won't have to Chase too many. :ph34r: