• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka Tour of West Indies 2018

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty obvious choice was to stick with Mendis opening with Perera at 6 maybe no?
Mendis and DDS should have opened. They showed easily the best technique against pace and were pretty aggressive too. DDS was unlucky to get a brute of a delivery that ricocheted on to stumps. Appeared in sublime form in his short stay.

I don't see the reason why Udawatta was included in the team. His and Dilruwan Perera's first class stats are very similar, and Dilruwan could have been extremely useful at #7 with his bowling abilities.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Ajantha Mendis didn't chuck it did he? He was in a similar mould IIRC. Whatever happened to that guy? Burst on to the scene like he was going to be the greatest thing in cricket history.

I'm guessing either 1) he just got worked out or, 2) he actually did chuck it and had to change his action because he knew he would have got banned and then wasn't as good.

Can anyone confirm?
He was worked out, due to multiple reasons. Firstly his stock delivery of finger flick is a very unstable way for a stock ball. His fingers gave away, and the bit on the ball died. And then batsmen started playing him as a medium pacer. His fitness waned. And finally, he refused to accept off breaks as his stock ball (he has a pretty decent off break), or right arm medium stuff (110-120k medium pace bowler), with all of his variations to add. Oh, and with his action, it is almost impossible to chuck. You need a very stable elbow and wrist to get that finger flick going.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Having pitches that aren't piles of dig **** shovelled together is one of the things that the West Indies has needed above all.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm just so happy to see this kind of bowling performance from West Indies in this series. I love the trio of Roach, Gabriel and Cummins and have been talking them up for some time now but it's hard to be hopeful with West Indies cricket as they have been in decline for so long and every time I mention these guys to people, I am met with skepticism from people who are just weary to be hopeful about WI cricket anymore which is fully understandable.
This is a very good pace attack and Gabriel can do so much more. If WICB can keep this bunch of Test players along with Brathwaite, Hope, Holder, Chase and Bishoo, there can be a minor resurgence in the West Indies Test team.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Chase and Hope really need to step up and start hammering out the runs though. All these starts are just a waste

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Like the way Dhananjaya is bowling. He is bowling good old off break / arm ball stuff. I think he should bowl few of his other stuff too to confuse the batsmen a bit. He is not bowling to Shikar Dhawan or Kohli, so can experiment a bit..

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
West Indies should make a nice move up the rankings if they win this 2-0. They are a long way behind even Bangladesh right now.