• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian One Day team

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Averaging 43@96 with 14 hundreds in 106 matches is statistically up there with anyone else, though I get the feeling we're going to downplay the stats of modern players in time.
In all seriousness, I think David Warner is a terrific limited overs batsmen, a fine player who was still possibly getting better before getting banned (He struggled v England but had a great year last year).

But I am not convinced he has rivaled Amla yet. Amla is going backwards according to many observers, though.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Averaging 43@96 with 14 hundreds in 106 matches is statistically up there with anyone else, though I get the feeling we're going to downplay the stats of modern players in time.
We should though. Batting and scoring runs in ODIs is so much easier now than it was just 20 years ago.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We should though. Batting and scoring runs in ODIs is so much easier now than it was just 20 years ago.
Even 10 years ago scoring was harder than it is today. How many 400+ scores have we seen in the decade since the 434 game?

trundler

Oh - and I get burned for Buttler in a 25 year team. Warner's now competing with Tendulkar, Amla, Anwar, Abbas and Haynes. I think I prefer Guptill and Dhawan - let alone Bairstow tbh.
TJB doesn't know who Les Ames is. What do you expect?

Burgey

No other thread to put this in so will whack it in here. TPC apparently made 60 odd in his first outing in Toronto this morning. Good to see him back.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No other thread to put this in so will whack it in here. TPC apparently made 60 odd in his first outing in Toronto this morning. Good to see him back.
Watched it

Bit scratchy at times but same old, same old

Coach apparently has a sore shoulder from throwing so many balls at him in the nets

FBU

International Debutant
So, does anyone think that Tye has a future in ODIs?
Tye, leading bowler in the IPL 24 wickets, third in the BB.

With all his 22 varieties, in the ODIs ave 55.75 and the most expensive seam bowler. In the T20 no wickets econ 9.25
Don't see him getting into the ODIs when all bowlers are fit. 9-0-100-0
Starc, Hazelwood, Cummins, Coulter-Nile, Hastings... but even though these bowlers have good T20 stats I can't see them playing T20s. Starc last played Sep 16, Hazelwood Mar 16 Cummins Feb 2017.

So T20 Berendorff, Stanlake, Tye, the Richardsons

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tye, leading bowler in the IPL 24 wickets, third in the BB.

With all his 22 varieties, in the ODIs ave 55.75 and the most expensive seam bowler. In the T20 no wickets econ 9.25
Don't see him getting into the ODIs when all bowlers are fit. 9-0-100-0
Starc, Hazelwood, Cummins, Coulter-Nile, Hastings... but even though these bowlers have good T20 stats I can't see them playing T20s. Starc last played Sep 16, Hazelwood Mar 16 Cummins Feb 2017.

So T20 Berendorff, Stanlake, Tye, the Richardsons
How'd John Hastings get a mention. Heh.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Hastings is pretty much retired. Think he is staying on for another Big Bash season, but he is finished internationally.

Daemon

Hastings is the Aussie Thisara Perera. A bowler who's very fun to watch with the bat but the less said about his bowling the better.

Daemon

I did see him bowl in a Test..

Regardless, this is the one day thread and I was talking about him in LOs in general.