• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time New Zealand XI game

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought I'd contribute to this thread, but when there's serious debate about Wadsworth over Watling it's probably not the place for me. No offence to those making those selections, we all have our reasons. Just not sure what those would be. Where's Smith? Parore? Tony Blain?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought I'd contribute to this thread, but when there's serious debate about Wadsworth over Watling it's probably not the place for me. No offence to those making those selections, we all have our reasons. Just not sure what those would be. Where's Smith? Parore? Tony Blain?
If you prefer Smith, Parore or Blain ahead of Wadsworth then you should try voting for them.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If you prefer Smith, Parore or Blain ahead of Wadsworth then you should try voting for them.
Part of the question was in what world would Ken Wadsworth be ahead of BJ Watling in any classification?

That's why I said I checked into the thread and wouldn't contribute, I clearly don't get what it's about. Opinions and all that but by that logic Dick Motz should get in ahead of Trent Boult

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ken Wadsworth was the first NZ 'keeper I saw and certainly impressed me, as did everyone else in that 1973 team, and he lost little in comparison with Alan Knott.

Have to confess though that the only vivid memory I have of him comes from the second Test of that series. The first Test was the one at Trent Bridge where NZ came within 38 of chasing down 478 and then in the second Test they got a first innings lead of nearly 300 and had a day left with England about 70 in front with 8 down - poor old Wadsworth then dropped Geoff Arnold twice in successive deliveries and we escaped with a draw

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Wicketkeeping.

Any chance you could follow through on this promise?
No. Please - elaborate if you could. Is it that you're saying Ken Wadsworth was a better gloveman than BJ Watling, therefore you've picked him in the side? Are you saying therefore Wadsworth is a better gloveman than Smith, Parore etc, who all had better batting averages than Wadsworth too?

No need to get prickly about it. Flem asked you the same thing. I'm not Blocky, I just couldn't get my head around how that was even a debate.