• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Taylor vs. WIlliamson

Thoughts?

• Ross is Boss

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Kane's the Big Daddy

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor. KW the better player overall, but Taylor's form this year has been sensational.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Obviously Taylor right now ... I think there’s an argument for Taylor better overall, too. Williamson has had the advantage of always batting with Taylor, and for a while a really good McCullum. Taylor was a lone wolf for several years early in his career.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Obviously Taylor right now ... I think there’s an argument for Taylor better overall, too. Williamson has had the advantage of always batting with Taylor, and for a while a really good McCullum. Taylor was a lone wolf for several years early in his career.
Nah, I can't really support this. Sure Taylor was part of a 3-man band (along with McCullum and Vettori) for the first few years of his career, but you can equally say that Kane had the handicap of the NZ selectors picking him a couple years too soon out of desperation. Williamson travels much better than Taylor, and doesn't have any horrible blots on his career record like Taylor's record against South Africa in tests. Taylor is a better T20 bat - or at least he has been since his eye surgery. As ODI batsmen, it's tough to split but I rate KW for his consistency across opponents and conditions, and his sustained excellence at the top over the past 5 years (although as I note, Taylor is in better form at the moment). In tests I honestly don't think it's particularly close: Taylor is very, very good but Williamson is genuinely great.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Kane's the better Test player, Ross the better ODI player. But I voted for Ross because of the warm feeling in my heart today.

Flem274*

123/5
In ODIs it's Taylor because he almost always converts a start into a ton and controls the innings. Kane has an irritating habit of getting out for 75.

Tests it's Kane. Taylor's a bit up and down.

Ross is more fun to cheer because you never know which version will show up (the one that looks like God or the one that looks almost as bad as Athlai's face but grinds out a score anyway), he was a lone ranger for so long and he's such a clutch player when the poo hits the fan. Kane is just ruthless in tests so if he gets in you know exactly what will happen.

His first eye operation was just before the 290 right? Because in Brisbane people were calling for his retirement and since that operation he's been a different player. Must have been done in Aussie unless he flew home really fast so I guess that doctor balances the book for sending us Luke Ronchi.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Speaking of Taylor, I see he turned 34 today. Can't have much more than a couple of years left can he? Especially with his fragile body.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just before that test he was given eye drops or something, which he said helped him immensely.

It actually just makes you wonder how long this has been affecting him, and what kind of results he might've churned out had he had the operation ages ago.

Hopefully he tours South Africa again. With fully functioning vision he might rectify that blemish.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just before that test he was given eye drops or something, which he said helped him immensely.

It actually just makes you wonder how long this has been affecting him, and what kind of results he might've churned out had he had the operation ages ago.
Hmmm, could also explain how he went from one of the best & most destructive T20 bats in the world (circa 2007-2011. A reminder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5LiGLeC69A), to pretty much a zero in the format overnight. Struggled to strike at better than 110 and drew no interest in IPL auctions.

cnerd123

likes this
In ODIs it's Taylor because he almost always converts a start into a ton and controls the innings. Kane has an irritating habit of getting out for 75.

Tests it's Kane. Taylor's a bit up and down.

Ross is more fun to cheer because you never know which version will show up (the one that looks like God or the one that looks almost as bad as Athlai's face but grinds out a score anyway), he was a lone ranger for so long and he's such a clutch player when the poo hits the fan. Kane is just ruthless in tests so if he gets in you know exactly what will happen.

His first eye operation was just before the 290 right? Because in Brisbane people were calling for his retirement and since that operation he's been a different player. Must have been done in Aussie unless he flew home really fast so I guess that doctor balances the book for sending us Luke Ronchi.
#KiwiOnKiwiViolence

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Speaking of Taylor, I see he turned 34 today. Can't have much more than a couple of years left can he? Especially with his fragile body.
I honestly give him until the World Cup and that's it. His body is shot. Injured every season, completely lost all pace and ability to run decently between wickets, dunno whether it's back causing quads and hammys and all sorts but I just can't see him getting through a full summer of ODI laden stuff then the World Cup and push on. He might want to, although he might not, but I reckon the body will make that decision for him. Gutting really given how well he is playing.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will he even make it to 100 tests with NZ's just superlative schedule? Every year I get more nervous for him reaching the mark.