• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
When is Kane going to get dropped? Not a matter of if now but when.

Who would take his place as captain? Taylor, Guptill or Southee?

I'd like to see this team going forward

Guptill
Munro
Taylor
Phillips
Ryder
Anderson
CdG
Santner
Sodhi
Southee
Boult

T20's isn't about long innings, it's about quickfire 50s, 30s and 20s.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolutely ****ting down here in Balmain, about 5kms fromthe ground. Got a feeling they might struggle to get back on.

TheJediBrah

Guptill
Munro
Taylor
Phillips
Ryder
Anderson
CdG
Santner
Sodhi
Southee
Boult

Ryder should open with Guptill IMO, you need to give your best players the most time to work

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Ryder should open with Guptill IMO, you need to give your best players the most time to work
Munro is working great for us, fans and the selectors realize that we need Ryder for all formats. We're not a cricket nation who can afford to blacklist good players, especially a match winner like Ryder.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible

Guptill
Munro
Taylor
Phillips
Ryder
Anderson
CdG
Santner
Sodhi
Southee
Boult

Nah

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now Bangladesh vs SL is done I've got nothing to watch. I wish they'd show highlights of any T20 but ​Sydney 2007.

Flem274*

123/5
does anderson even get game time for ND these days? is he even fit to play? why are half those random blokes in your team and not chapman?

probably just chill out, stop bringing players back from the dead and enjoy the hit and giggle if it ever stops raining.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Ryder won't play again

Look at the likes of (no particular order) Nicholls, Anderson, Chapman, Devcich, Finn Allan, Clarkson, Leonard, Young, Phillips, Seifert, O'Donnell, Fletcher

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I'm not watching this but I'm looking at the score card and I'm struggling to recognise most of the Aussies. Who the heck is D'Arcy Short and Billy Stanlake? In contrast, the Kiwis seem to have all their major guns.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This highlights are reminding me that no matter how bad our kit is tonight, it was once much, much worse.

TheJediBrah

I'm not watching this but I'm looking at the score card and I'm struggling to recognise most of the Aussies. Who the heck is D'Arcy Short and Billy Stanlake? In contrast, the Kiwis seem to have all their major guns.
funny because D'Arcy Short and Billy Stanlake are probably better almost anything NZ have

edit: but they don't play "real" cricket so you probably wouldn't know them

Last edited:

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Both, Ryder Phillips and Anderson all poor selections. And Williamson is a fine T20 bat, he’s been out of form all summer but he will come right
He's been 'out of it' since teams shut down his easy single to third man.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Can't recognize half the Aussie team but the bowling stock looks exciting. Just the first game though for black caps, not easy to adopt in couple of days particularly batting. Kane in twenty 20 looks like he's overtrying. Looks like rain saved us here.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
does anderson even get game time for ND these days? is he even fit to play? why are half those random blokes in your team and not chapman?

probably just chill out, stop bringing players back from the dead and enjoy the hit and giggle if it ever stops raining.
He's injured.

A player like him is handy in T20s as he can bowl a couple of overs and on his day can score 30 or 40 @ a good clip. He's just the type of player you need in T20s.