• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Charming and Enchanting Wicket Celebrations

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Brett Lee cranking up the chainsaw

Imran Tahir's victory lap

The briliant thumb thing that England did for a while

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fred Trueman and Neil Hawke shaking hands after the former had just dismissed the latter for his 300th test wicket.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I must add, this thread is not only for bowlers. The slip fielders, the keeper, all factor into a charming celebration.

Look at the joy from keeper Murray after taking the catch in the gif I tried to upload, but Starfighter uploaded instead.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Loved wasim's celebrations in 1992 world cup final
Yeah, the way he ran with his arms open was great. Also remember Waqar's celebration after getting 2 in 2 in WC 2003 against India. Though that was more of release of pressure/emotion than celebration. He almost cried. LOL.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
This also one of the few other occasions where it's still cool despite it being a tailender's wicket.

JFC OS, that has to be the least cool thing that ever happened on a cricket field........it's just dead set ****ing cringe. I gotta a lot of respect for Mitch Johnson and admire him a hell of a lot for what he did in that series.......but that, that was just embarrassing.

Burgey

I think my three wicket celebrations yesterday were understated and, frankly, elegant. Particularly the first, a stumping taken by Burgeinho.

First time I’ve seen someone warned for running on the wicket when celebrating a pole.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
***** it's weird you mention Flintoff in your example earlier because all I remember about him was his OTT celebrations. The arms spread apart standing pose like he's a god has gotta be the worst of them all, even worse than Lee's chainsaw which is at least a bit whimsical

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
I particularly enjoy Hasan Ali out of the modern class of players. He has brought energy and exuberance back to a great fast bowling (And celebrating) nation. I dearly missed the Pakistan of my youth, the exuberance of Waqar and Wasim, and later of Akhtar. Hasan is in that mould if quite a bit slower. He lit up a dreary tournament and long may it continue.

SillyCowCorner1

^^ have to agree with you mate.

The guy lit up the Champions Trophy. Rain delay, Wash out...Hasan Ali brought back life into the tournament. That celebration is frozen in time, as the move by Heisman on the trophy that bears his name.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
I'd like to add I miss Steyn almost paralysing himself with his violent celebrations. Hopefully he makes a come back soon and we get to see just how much it means to him...albeit with a few lesser injuries.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Jim Laker's incredibly understated reaction in the 1956 Old Trafford Test after taking his 19th wicket for the match.