• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Final 3 candidates for Windies head coach are Desmond Haynes, Phil Simmons and.....Floyd Reifer.

Quite what Reifer is doing there after his disastrous performance as caretaker I just don't know.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hayden Walsh Jr. And Brandon King have been selected in the Windies squad for the tour of Afghanistan(india) odi and T20 series.

I thought Walsh been playing for the US, but he's automatically a West Indian lol. Looking at you Jofra lollll

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Joffra is a West Indian still he just took the pragmatic decision. Fair play to him!

Great squads tbh. They've picked 3 and the only choice I was irritated with was Kesrick Williams in the T20s. I also don't know why Gabriel isn't in the test squad but I assume that's an injury. For us, that's a massive win.

Otherwise it's exciting to see Walsh Jr and King get a chance.

My ODI XI

Lewis
Hope (wk)
Ambris/King
Pooran
Hetmeyer
Pollard
Holder/Chase
Shepherd/Paul
Walsh Jr
Cottrell
Joseph/Pierre

Looking forward to seeing how they power packed lineup develops and if they can learn some nouse to go with the boundaries.

SillyCowCorner1

Not happy with how the selectors have thrown Darren Bravo back into obscurity.
He just needs a good FC season. He looked lost in the India series( as have most of our batsmen). The fact that he was dropped for a tour of India is really a head scratcher. He is a better player of spin than some of the rest.

In other news, Kraigg Brathwaite went over in England to play county, he made a ton or something. This was a few weeks ago. Hope we get him back.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he hadn't made many runs against India but the selectors are doing him no favours by hot potato-ing him in & out of the side.

SillyCowCorner1

Yeah he hadn't made many runs against India but the selectors are doing him no favours by hot potato-ing him in & out of the side.
With Holder stripped of the captaincy in the white ball format, we might see some drastic changes in the team composition. I do hope that Pollard manages to stick Darren in his team.

SillyCowCorner1

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...ation-return-west-indies-odi-squad-face-india

The first two fixtures in the three-match series against India will be played at Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua on November 1 and 3, followed by another at the same ground on November 6. The teams will then play five T20Is from November 9, two in St Lucia and three in Guyana.

Deandra Dottin, one of the side's batting mainstays who missed the tours of England and Ireland and Australia due to a shoulder injury, was also absent from the squad to face India.

West Indies: Stafanie Taylor (capt.), Anisa Mohammed, Aaliyah Alleyne, Afy Fletcher, Britney Cooper, Chedean Nation, Chinelle Henry, Stacy-Ann King, Kyshona Knight, Natasha McLean, Shabika Gajnabi, Shawnisha Hector, Shemaine Campbelle, Sheneta Grimmond

Decent enough squad. India is too strong for us though, nevertheless, I am looking forward to this series. My fellow villager, Shabika Gajnabi is in the squad.

SillyCowCorner1

The West Indies Emerging squad for the Regional Super50 starting next week:

Justin Greaves, Camarie Boyce, Keon Harding, Dominic Drakes (Barbados), Kimani Melius (St. Lucia, Windward Islands), Roland Cato (Grenada, Windward Islands), Gidron Pope (St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Windward Islands), Yannic Cariah, Joshua Da Silva, Leonardo Julien, Jayden Seales (Trinidad & Tobago), Ashmead Nedd, Kevin Sinclair (Guyana), Jermaine Levy (Jamaica).

Management:
Floyd Reifer (head coach)
Kenny Benjamin (assistant coach)
Oba Gulston (physiotherapist)
Gregory Seale (strength & conditioning trainer)
Dinesh Mahabir (analyst).

SillyCowCorner1

Leeward Island Hurricanes

1.Jahmar Hamilton - Captain Anguilla
2.Montcin Hodge Anguiila
3.Keacy Carty Anguilla
4.Yannick Leonard Anguilla
5.Devon Thomas Antigua & Barbuda
6.Rahkeem Cornwall Antigua & Barbuda
7.Kezron Archibald Nevis
8.Kieran Powell Nevis
9.Sheeno Berridge
10.Jeremiah Louis
11.Akeem Saunders
12.Terrance Warde
13.Amir Jangoo Trinidad & Tobago
14.Jason Campbell Nevis

Reserves
Jacques Taylor St.Kitts
Kelbert Walters anguilla
Ross Powell Nevis
Quinton Boatswain Montserrat

Good to see Amir Jangoo in this mix

SillyCowCorner1

The first match of the women's series about to start in a few minutes...WI Women versus India Women at Sir Viv's stadium

SillyCowCorner1

We won by 1 freaking run. Beating freaking India's women team. Finally some joy to the region. The girls are doing well.

SillyCowCorner1

In the second women's ODI, Mithali Raj has won the coin toss and have indicated that they will be batting first.

SillyCowCorner1

Teams:

India:
1. Mithali Raj (c)
2. Harmanpreet Kaur (vc)
3. Taniya Bhatia (wk)
4. Jhulan Gowswami
5. Shika Pandey
6. Poonam Yadav
7. Puman Raut
8.Rajeshwari Gayakwad
9. Jemimah Rodrigues
10. Deepti Sharma
11. Priya Punia

West Indies:
1. Stafanie Taylor (c)
2. Aaliyah Alleyne
3. Chedean Nation
4. Satcy-Ann King
5. Natasha McClean
6. Shemaine Campbell (wk)
7. Sheneta Grimmond
8. Anisa Mohammed
9. Shabika Gajnabi
10. Kyshona Knight
11. Afy Fletcher

SillyCowCorner1

My fellow villager, Shabika Gajnabi introduced into the attacked and strikes almost immediately getting the wicket of Punia