• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India ODIs/T20s 2017

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So what can Australia do here? I am convinced Faulkner is a waste of a spot. So bring Agar for him? And get Cartwright to bowl a bit as the 4th seamer? I am wondering what the ideal Aussie ODI side will be in the SC. Maybe Starc in for NCN but its not really too much of an improvement anyways as NCN is really good in these conditions himself. If all were fit and available, would this be the best Aussie ODI side in the SC?

Warner (vc)
Finch
Smith (c)
Head/Handscomb
Maxwell
Stoinis
Wade (wk)
Agar/Faulkner
Cummins
NCN/Starc
Zampa
Faulkner vs Agar is an interesting discussion. I was tilted towards Agar before this game, but think Faulkner has done just enough to keep himself in the team. Agar should come in if it's a spin-friendly pitch though. It's close either way.

Head should play ahead of Handscomb in ODIs any day.

Btw, if everyone was fit, Starc and Haze will open the bowling without a doubt. By the time they retire, they will be 2 among Australia's 3 best pace bowlers in ODIs, along with McGrath.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He hasn't really been that good as a LO bowler in the past but he's played so little cricket he could easily develop into one I guess.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
That Dhoni innings was a replica of the sort of knock Bevan played in his peak when Australia lost a bunch of early wickets; while he’d get criticised for batting too slowly (sometimes justified), the knowledge that Bevan would almost certainly be there at the end gave the rest of the side confidence to be patient and rebuild the innings to a defendable total. And that’s exactly what Dhoni did here.

Bad night for Faulkner; his ODI career is going to live or die on his bowling and being a viable 5th bowler and being able to bowl in the closing overs and that was a pretty bad performance all-round. Al most gotten to the stage where his greatest strength of his quality slower balls has become his weakness as it’s so well-known (as TV commentators talk about it endlessly) that batsmen know what to expect from him.

TheJediBrah

Lol.. what a **** post. The game was great. And we had a full game and might have had a longer one if the umpires/players weren't pussies about starting in the slightest of drizzles.
Haha.. like every one of your posts then.

And note I said full game as in a "full international game" not full length game. Your reading of my posts is almost as bad as your reading of pitches.
You've really gone off the rails in this thread man

just relax

But you cannot drop Cummins. He is just as good as those two IMO.
He's nowhere near Starc & Hazlewood. And neither's NCN even in the vicinity of Starc for that matter. That was a really weird claim to make. It almost seems as though you're trying to convince yourself that this is a full strength Aussie side to claim imaginary points.

It really doesn't matter

Last edited:

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Australia have now lost their last 9 completed away ODI’s; even Australia’s ODI side during the slump at the end of the Taylor era in 1996/97 didn’t have such a long losing away streak.

TheJediBrah

Australia have now lost their last 9 completed away ODI’s; even Australia’s ODI side during the slump at the end of the Taylor era in 1996/97 didn’t have such a long losing away streak.
While that's pretty bad, I'm guessing it includes mostly the tours to South Africa & NZ, and nearly half the team was rested on each occasion.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You've really gone off the rails in this thread man
:laugh:

And as for the rest of ur crappy post, u r gng out of Ur way to convince urself that i was making some point I was not. I m a big fan of both Cummins and NCN and I was just pointing out how ridiculous the Aussie fast bowling depth is. I mentioned I think Starc n Cummins will be Ur two best fast bowlers for these conditions but NCN is not exactly a step down from them either.

Guess u r still smarting from de defeat. FWIW, this ain't India s strongest side either.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

:laugh:

And as go the rest of ur crappy post, u r gng out of Ur way to convince urself that i was making some point I was not. I m a big fan of both Cummins and NCN and I was just pointing out how ridiculous the Aussie fast bowling depth is. I mentioned I think Starc n Cummins will be Ur two best fast bowlers for these conditions but NCN is not exactly a step down from them either.

Guess u r still smarting rim de defeat. FWIW, this ain't India s strongest side either.
NCN is rubbish. He got 3 early wickets from **** balls that should have been spanked for 4. Must have been the polluted air wherever they were playing messing with batsmans' heads

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
NCN is rubbish. He got 3 early wickets from **** balls that should have been spanked for 4. Must have been the polluted air wherever they were playing messing with batsmans' heads

Wonder what that says about where you are from then. 8-)

And NCN has been geniunely good in these conditions coz with the right pace and amount of movement, hittable lengths can get you the best rewards in SC LO games.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
No more exciting prospect in world cricket than Pandya at the moment. He sent down some balls at 145 last night. His striking is as clean and imperious as anything going around today. Talk about gambles paying off.

OverratedSanity

No more exciting prospect in world cricket than Pandya at the moment. He sent down some balls at 145 last night. His striking is as clean and imperious as anything going around today. Talk about gambles paying off.
Yeah, am firmly on the bandwagon now. Immense hitting power, which is exactly what India has lacked in ODIs in the last few years with Dhoni in decline. Hardik+MSD is an absolutely perfect pairing down the order.

vcs

Dude, I became his fan when he cost CSK the IPL trophy 2 years ago. You were just a fan of his name so far, huh? :p
At times last year, it looked like he'd been picked too early and he looked like a bits and pieces cricketer without being standout in either discipline.

Now it looks like he could become our Stokes.

TheJediBrah

As in the Irfan who was such a gun for about 18 months before turning to absolute ****?

I think you're being a bit optimistic if you think the same things going to happen to firmkok