• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in Sri Lanka 2017

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Loving this series. It's a shame both sides can't win. Zimbabwe could use this series win a lot more though.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Firstly, I am not sure how Malinga is in the team..I thought he was suspended for 6 months.. secondly, even without that, not sure he makes it to the team based on merit. Sri Lanka persisting with Malinga based on reputation has cost them a lot now

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He should have got SL through against your lot in the Champions Trophy had it not been for Perera and some other guy dropping dollies from Sarfraz on his bowling.

*grumbles* #notbitteratall

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
He should have got SL through against your lot in the Champions Trophy had it not been for Perera and some other guy dropping dollies from Sarfraz on his bowling.

*grumbles* #notbitteratall
Even if those catches were taken, it still does not make up for all the filth he has bowled in the last 2 years and his general lethargy and fitness

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is why Bangladesh need to play more 5 match series. Surely they would have won the series earlier in the year

DriveClub

International Regular
Even if those catches were taken, it still does not make up for all the filth he has bowled in the last 2 years and his general lethargy and fitness
Agree his fitness is disgraceful, have you seen the size of his pot belly, guy can't even bend down to stop the ball, drops 90% of the catches

Niall

International Coach
Sri Lanka cricket is in serious trouble if they lose to these mediocre journeymen. :How the **** do you lose to these useless mugs at home:laugh:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Sri Lanka cricket is in serious trouble if they lose to these mediocre journeymen. :How the **** do you lose to these useless mugs at home:laugh:
you are right that we are in serious trouble..that is what happens when you have a hapless board and politicians that interfere where they are not wanted..Agree with all the comments here, the fitness levels of our team are the worst of any nation and the selections are mind boggling..People shouldn't take anything from Zimbabwe though, they have played good cricket and deserve to be where they are in this series.The only reason I can see for Malinga playing is for him to try and gain some match fitness ahead of the India series (however I wouldn't play him tbh).
@Blackwarrior - his ban was suspended I believe( on the presumption that any further incidents would make it apply)..

Niall

International Coach
you are right that we are in serious trouble..that is what happens when you have a hapless board and politicians that interfere where they are not wanted..Agree with all the comments here, the fitness levels of our team are the worst of any nation and the selections are mind boggling..People shouldn't take anything from Zimbabwe though, they have played good cricket and deserve to be where they are in this series.The only reason I can see for Malinga playing is for him to try and gain some match fitness ahead of the India series (however I wouldn't play him tbh).
@Blackwarrior - his ban was suspended I believe( on the presumption that any further incidents would make it apply)..
This is your best side at the moment bar Perera isn't it?

YorksLanka

International Debutant
This is your best side at the moment bar Perera isn't it?
personally I am not sure. we are missing Kusal Perera at seven but apart from that I wouldn't change the batting line up. The bowling is the issue, it just looks one dimensional. I cant see why Sandakan isn't in the team and personally I would have liked to see Lahiru Kumara in the team with Chameera. At least that way if we are going to lose we gain something for the future in terms of these young guys gaining experience. I expect Lakmal and Pradeep to come back for the India series but I just think that we have underestimated Zimbabwe and we really aren't in the position to do that presently..

we had a couple of young guys with promise who were never seen again in Kasum Rajitha who was a medium pacer and also Bhanuka Rajapakse who showed promise as a right hand bat..
edit: Also Dasun Shanaka who is a decent all rounder and still only 25?

Last edited: