• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in West Indies 2017

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You really think so? While I think Gabriel and Joseph are decent bowlers atm and have potential, Holder's not got a great ceiling and Bishoo's always been inconsistent.
If Gabriel and Joseph develop into good bowlers, that's basically all you need. In that environment, the other two can flourish even if they aren't consistent but show flashes of brilliance (which Bishoo is capable of).

Wtf happened to Roach though? He was so good for a couple of years and then just fell off a cliff.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last I remember seeing him was in that exciting 2015/16 Australia series, negative integers of pace present in his bowling and rather positive integers of skin folds.

Burner

International Regular
There's attritional cricket and then there's this. They have 4 runs between them in 10 overs

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Daemon mentioned potential when talking about Gabriel. I think that unfortunately shows where West Indies Cricket is right now. He turns 29 later this week and has played the 2nd highest number of Tests for his team, he needs to be performing now and getting that average down - to be fair, he did bowl quite well from what I saw today.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Wicketless for 2 test matches on the trot. Melbourne he bowled a beautiful opening spell ruined by Yasir and Wahab who followed. Sydney - was where I saw the worst of Amir. I never expected him to be the same bowler he was, and was quite impressed with what he had to offer from the England series onward, continuing in UAE, New Zealand and Gabba. Irrespective of all the dropped catches, he was a bowler you could rely on, who gave you control, consistency, and helped keep the pressure if someone from the other end - Sohail or Yasir were picking up wickets.

This is why he fit into Misbah's team and they persisted with him. But the Sydney test was when I seriously started having doubts. He bowled like a club bowler, no pace, no movement and the ease with which he was played.. I thought maybe this guy is over.

He bowled in the ODIs after that, including that ball to Warner in the 1st ODI but Test cricket doubts remained.

Just really really ****ing happy with the 6 fer and even more happy to see that late inswinger into the right hander back. That was the ball that got Smith and Johnson in 2010. That is the ball that got Rohit and Rahane in Asia Cup. That is the ball I missed the most, more than the bowler himself.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You really think so? While I think Gabriel and Joseph are decent bowlers atm and have potential, Holder's not got a great ceiling and Bishoo's always been inconsistent.
Bishoo is inconsistent but still a wicket taking bowler.

Holder is a problem is not good enough in a 4 man attack but if you have this attack instead,

Gabriel
Cummins
Joseph
Bishoo

That's a pretty good bowling attack. I would say that's a better bowling attack than Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and maybe just a notch below Pakistan and New Zealand.

Can't overstate how much I like Gabriel. Was awesome in the flattest of decks in UAE last year

vcs

Game is moving forward at a fairly brisk pace today.

WI need to keep the lead to under a 100.

Bijed

International Regular
At least it wasn't a run out.

A century for Misbah here would have been wonderful. No blame attached to Abbas, though, he did well to stick around as long as he did.

Top innings anyway, really thought he might struggle again and end his career on a low point from a batting perspective, but it's great to see him get a score again.

Burner

International Regular
What's even more tragic is that it was umpire's call by a whisker. Literally the closest it can get to 'missing'

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
:( It's like the gods up there are trolling both. They tell Misbah 'look we'll troll your haters, make you the most successful captain for your ****** country, give you the fastest hundred, and give you a successful batting record. But we'll also give you two 99s outside of Asia, just so they can troll you by saying 'FTB who never scored outside Asia'

**** you everyone. Except Misbah.

vcs

Looks like Yasir is back to form. WI need to bat out two sessions somehow to have a chance of saving this.