• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Darren Lehmann - suitable conduct as Australian coach?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
it's political correctness gone mad.
So sick of that phrase. Back in the good ol days you crave for I can assure you leaders were more intelligent than Trump and Lehmann. Nixon and Reagan were at least smart dudes. **** listening to anything Darren Lehmann has to say I get better insight from posters on this forum

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Everyone I've met who uses the term beta male have always ended up going nuts over their ex gf and threatened to bash their new man. Alpha male is stuff is total baloney

the big bambino

International Captain
At a guess I'd suggest Pietersen is much more indispensable to CA with a couple of years left on his BB contract than Lehmann is. Even if he doesn't cream it with the bat, purely from a marketing perspective.
Ya reckon? Look we'd move on without either but Lehmann is building a good side and had some notable successes from starting at a low point. Whereas I don't think the BBL would miss KP. He's not the most dynamic batsman in the league and his commentary is pretty ordinary.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So sick of that phrase. Back in the good ol days you crave for I can assure you leaders were more intelligent than Trump and Lehmann. Nixon and Reagan were at least smart dudes. **** listening to anything Darren Lehmann has to say I get better insight from posters on this forum
You're being influenced far too much by the media if you think Trump isn't a smart dude

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Trump is smart in all the ways I don't respect.

But he's smart, for sure.

Zinzan

Agreed but my main issue with Lehmann is the approach within the team. As mentioned before, we're just utterly hopeless when conditions are a challenge and we barely put up a fight and I believe that comes from his attitude. That's from Warner down to the tail. The collapses have been tragic.

The whinging about pitches is so much worse than some little spat with KP. Whenever we come up against a challenge, the test team just rolls over and gets royally ****ed.

I don't think he'll be going anywhere unless we lose a bunch of series/his son comes into contention.

I would have sawn him off after SA or SL. Pathetic
That's a great point, I can't think of any other modern day coach who throws his toys out of the cot more about away pitches that don't suit his side. It's actually incredibly arrogant when you think about it, because it implies SC spinning decks are somehow inferior to Australia bouncing tracks.

Also, aside from the WC 2015, in which Aust would have been hot favs under any coach in home conditions, & Johnson's 2013 Ashes, what else has he actually achieved in the last 4 years or so?

Compton

International Debutant
You don't appoint Boof as head coach if being a **** is something that concerns you.

Stralya gonna Stral.

Zinzan

You don't appoint Boof as head coach if being a **** is something that concerns you.

Stralya gonna Stral.
Fair point, Australia have never made any apologies for acting like ****s. In fact the typical response when they go through a bad tour or a bad time of it has often been that they need to go back to being more thuggish.

TNT

Banned
Fair point, Australia have never made any apologies for acting like ****s. In fact the typical response when they go through a bad tour or a bad time of it has often been that they need to go back to being more thuggish.
And why should they, Pakistan dont apologize for cheating and destroying the good name of cricket, England dont apologize for being stuck up pricks. I have never really understood why some people have such a hard time dealing with the fact Australians will do what they want, the Australian team is playing for Australians, they are not playing to soothe the senses of some weak pasty little opposition sooky mummies boy supporters.

Zinzan

And why should they, Pakistan dont apologize for cheating and destroying the good name of cricket, England dont apologize for being stuck up pricks. I have never really understood why some people have such a hard time dealing with the fact Australians will do what they want, the Australian team is playing for Australians, they are not playing to soothe the senses of some weak pasty little opposition sooky mummies boy supporters.
Nobody is saying they should, just pointing out it's the Aussie way.

TheJediBrah

It seems obvious, but you will still get a plethora of foreign cricket fans complaining about Australians having "bad attitudes" and being "arrogant" every series

Zinzan

It seems obvious, but you will still get a plethora of foreign cricket fans complaining about Australians having "bad attitudes" and being "arrogant" every series
You're flattering yourself calling it complaining if you're referring to this thread, some people are just pointing out this is the way it is. Complaining would suggest people have been put out by it in some way.

Whether the coach of a high profile national side should be quite so openly divisive is still an interesting thing to speculate on & debate, but doubt anyone cares enough to lose any sleep over it, nor view themselves as complaining.

Suggesting someone is a bit of thug isn't necessarily a complaint, merely an observation I'd have thought.