• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

helmets park cricket

adub

International Captain
You'd think a complete hack like me would be going for the lid, but I hated the bloody things. Never wore a ball on the scone batting or keeping up. Closest to a life threatening situation I ever had was one day stupidly deciding I'd give the lid a go in 42 degrees (we were after quick runs and their bowlers were pretty sharp for our grade). Almost passed out from heat exhaustion.

I understand why they want everyone in them, but FFS I'd have been an even worse player if I'd been forced to wear one.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kids at schools in our area arent even allowed to bat in the nets without one.

I tried one on the other day and they are hard to see out of so I reckon kids are more in danger of getting sconed because they cant see the ****ing ball

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

I tried one on the other day and they are hard to see out of so I reckon kids are more in danger of getting sconed because they cant see the ****ing ball
They're really not, especially if you're used to them.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

In juniors had to have a note from the parent to allow them not to bat with one.

Cricket Victoria have a policy where their coaches are often providing throw-downs with a helmet on particularly during T20 period.