• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, Ian Smith is so full of it ....

" And you didn't take a catch when he took 9 for 52 against Australia.
Nothing [smiles]. But my hands were sore at the end of that day. He beat the bat a lot. He had a great battle with Kepler Wessels. He left the ball well. Richard Hadlee bowled slippery fast that day. I think he bowled a lot of deliveries around 150kph. The rhythm was absolutely perfect. He just kept smacking into the gloves. We were quite a long way back at the Gabba. It was close to perfect bowling."

Ian Smith: 'The underarm incident created a feeling for cricket in New Zealand' | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Zinzan

I get it's not rugby, but jeez cricketers can be precious when it comes to anything but perfect conditions can't they?

Wear some spikes or sprigs in the field ffs if it's slightly damp in places.

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
I get it's not rugby, but jeez cricketers can be precious when it comes to anything but perfect conditions can't they?

Wear some spikes or sprigs in the field ffs if it's slightly damp in places.
It's bout safety in the end though, wet conditions = rubbish cricket and the higher chance of injury, ask Doug Bracewell.

Zinzan

Agree with Claire on cricinfo actually. So unfair on those paying fans at the ground who saw the rain stop 4 hours ago.

Claire: "It seems slightly ridiculous that we'll have, at minimum, a four hour weather delay for a game when the rain stopped five hours ago. Perhaps the ICC can discuss minimum drainage standards for approved venues in their meeting?"

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Absolutely. I had a wahhhh about this being an issue in SA and Trinidad last year. And its just as **** here.

Joke.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Can't give matches to McLean park if it's going to be like this - there are plenty of grounds around that do drain properly, while this is far below minimum standard.

Zinzan

Yup, think they'll likely call it a day now, as Doull said, it's not going to dry out anymore.

To think us Kiwis were up in arms about that outfield in SA for the NZ series a few months back, this is embarrassing for NZ cricket.

Proof NZ cricket don't do contingency planning.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I hate cricket. Such a dumb **** run sport. Worse than any other sport administrative and rule wise. Ugh

Zinzan

This is farcical, for the sake of the crowd just call it off and refund their money. There's no drying going on the ground, there's no sun out, so what are we waiting for another 30 mins to check exactly?

Pure comedy.