• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Good win by the Bluebaggers.

Taking out the Vic middle order and slowing their run rate and then Maddinson clouting the ball around in the middle of his innings to put them on top of the run rate .

Perhaps the Vics bowling attack was unbalanced by not playing Fawad. :)

It has made the rest of the games interesting.

Darren Berry has an over the top commentary style but he loves talking cricket.It has been good to listen to him.

"Wicketkeepers are a quietly spoken bunch" was one of his comments
:)
Really like his commentary; not the smoothest going around (understandable as hasn't done much of it) but he actually provides some technical insight that so few Oz cricket TV commentators do.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burgeinho's MOnday evening private training coach has notched up 113 and 215 in firsts the past two weeks and got himself a NSW 2nd XI trial game this Thursday. Such a good bloke. Deserves it

Midwinter

State Captain
Finch and White off to a good start for the VIcs against the Bananabenders

The Duke and Bolly Boland in today. Siddle and Gulbis out.
Sticking with the unsuccessful policy of only playing 3 spinners :)

Midwinter

State Captain
What a pearler

8 feet !!!!!

Amazing someone didn't notice before they started.

At least they were keen for a game and played regardless

:)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Mitch Marsh played on 1. This was an absolute perfect time for him to make an important score up the order, but nope, failed again.

EDIT - yesss my boi (I have about 6) Beau Webster is opening just like I suggested.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Mitch Marsh can't survive against Trent bloody Copeland how is he supposed to make runs against Steyn and Morkel

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The Tassie vs SACA game looks like it might have been the better game to watch.

Hopefully WA get a few early wickets to make this more interesting. The guy that I have to criticise a bit is Sam Whiteman. He has a horrible OD record and routinely misses balls he should hit or just skies a catch straight to the fielder. WA might consider Josh Inglis next Matador.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The Tassie vs SACA game looks like it might have been the better game to watch.

Hopefully WA get a few early wickets to make this more interesting. The guy that I have to criticise a bit is Sam Whiteman. He has a horrible OD record and routinely misses balls he should hit or just skies a catch straight to the fielder. WA might consider Josh Inglis next Matador.
Alternatively they might just give Bancroft the gloves.