• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team currently has the best fast bowling attack?

Which team currently has the best fast bowling attack?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
South Africa
Australia

England/NZ (England's lack of a good 3rd seamer and Broad's meh form means NZ might be ahead)

India

Pakistan
Windies
SL
Ban
Zim
Zimbabwe > Bangladesh IMO. Especially since The Fizz is really a spinner. :p

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sure.

Anyways, just realised this is probably the first time in history that India has a bowling attack that's quicker than England's? Maybe when Nissar was playing but in those days it was only him.

cnerd123

likes this
Sure.

Anyways, just realised this is probably the first time in history that India has a bowling attack that's quicker than England's? Maybe when Nissar was playing but in those days it was only him.
This is what happens when vegetarianism and veganism become fads in the western world

Daemon

This is what happens when vegetarianism and veganism become fads in the western world
I think it's more of Indians finally realising the importance of nutrition and exercise. Fitness standards even a generation ago were pathetic. If you go further back they were non existent.

OverratedSanity

I think it's more of Indians finally realising the importance of nutrition and exercise. Fitness standards even a generation ago were pathetic. If you go further back they were non existent.
India has had a few quick bowlers in previous generations too. They were just pretty terrible.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea we've always been able to get guys who bowl really quick. I think we're just taking better care of the fast bowlers, right from youth level to the international scene. Better coaching, S&C, nutrition, etc. Credit probably goes to the BCCI and places like the MRF Pace Foundation

Daemon

We've never had an attack bowl consistently quick though.

Nehra was quick, Srinath was decent, Munaf started at 140. Even Sreesanth could get it up there.

They all either got injured or were surrounded by plodders. I think this is the first time our attack has had quick bowlers across the board.

morgieb

Zimbabwe > Bangladesh IMO. Especially since The Fizz is really a spinner. :p
I wonder if you'd make a case for Ireland and Afghanistan having a better seam attack than a few sides. Certainly think their attacks aren't too bad.

Bolo

State Captain
We've never had an attack bowl consistently quick though.

Nehra was quick, Srinath was decent, Munaf started at 140. Even Sreesanth could get it up there.

They all either got injured or were surrounded by plodders. I think this is the first time our attack has had quick bowlers across the board.
Yadav + Ishant when young were significantly quicker than anything this team has. I'm not sure who was quick that bowled with them- it was mostly Zak in the early days who was very slow by that time.

Nowhere near this quality though obviously.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder if you'd make a case for Ireland and Afghanistan having a better seam attack than a few sides. Certainly think their attacks aren't too bad.
Yeah, on paper they're definitely not terrible. It's hard to really rank them before they start playing Tests though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why not add Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands as better than Bangladesh too?8-)
Because they haven't played any Tests. In terms of fast bowling attacks (which is what we were talking about) I reckon the first two of those teams probably would be better though. Obviously Bangladesh are much better than all these teams overall but that's not what we're talking about.

SeamUp

International Coach
What do we think of Sri Lanka's quick bowling stocks ?

I know Lakmal has improved. Pradeep hmmm

I actually was excited for them about Chameera and Kumara but maybe I got ahead of myself there. They need to get back on the park playing tests before we consider them.

That isn't too hot is it ? Scotland/Ireland defo pushing them too.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually if you consider both home/away which considerably lowers England's rating, I would say India and England are pretty much on par now with New Zealand ahead by a whisker.

South Africa in a post Morkel/Steyn era might not be that far ahead of Australia.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
What do we think of Sri Lanka's quick bowling stocks ?

I know Lakmal has improved. Pradeep hmmm

I actually was excited for them about Chameera and Kumara but maybe I got ahead of myself there. They need to get back on the park playing tests before we consider them.

That isn't too hot is it ? Scotland/Ireland defo pushing them too.
About 2 years ago it was a pretty decent attack with Dhamika Prasad as the leader. Now not so much.

morgieb

Actually if you consider both home/away which considerably lowers England's rating, I would say India and England are pretty much on par now with New Zealand ahead by a whisker.

South Africa in a post Morkel/Steyn era might not be that far ahead of Australia.
There's certainly not that much between us and the Saffers but given they still have Philander and Rabada you'd probably still take South Africa. Ngidi still looks very good....

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Philander - Hazelwood
Rabada - Starc
Ngidi - Cummins

Pretty neck and neck. Only way South Africa go ahead is if Steyn ever comes back.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Don’t really agree with those rankings or Cribbs call. India at home have one of the best bowling attacks around and they’re pretty decent away as well. Reckon Bangers at home is far better than Zimbabwe too, enough to outweigh Zimbabwe being slightly better away than Bangers. SL at home also significantly better than WI, solely due to Herath.

I reckon Bangers would wreck WI at home too.

morgieb

Don’t really agree with those rankings or Cribbs call. India at home have one of the best bowling attacks around and they’re pretty decent away as well. Reckon Bangers at home is far better than Zimbabwe too, enough to outweigh Zimbabwe being slightly better away than Bangers. SL at home also significantly better than WI, solely due to Herath.

I reckon Bangers would wreck WI at home too.
Talking pace attacks only here ftr, not attacks overall.