• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
yohanna said:
Totally disagree if you are saying that Razzak is in onedayers because Pak doesn't have alternative. Alternative for what?
Alternative for a better allrounder, Are you telling me that Razzaq is playing in the team as a batsmen ? Razzaq is playing in the current team as an allrounder which he isn't anymore. The moment Pakistan get a batsman who can ball a bit, Razzaq will be out.

for someone who has been winning matches with his batting? why the hell would you think of even replacing him?? The way Razzak destroyed NZ and SA recently in Onedayers, only a mad man would think of replacing Razzak.
Do I need to remind you that Pakistan lost the ODI series to SA and NZ ? He does destroy the opposition but once or twice in 50 matches and that is not enough, I would rather have a batsman who can score 30-40 runs-a-ball consistently than someone scoring 50-60 runs in 25-30 balls once in 20 matches.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator

If you are not a moderator at Pakistani Media, you do not claim to be one. It's fine to use that avatar with that claim deleted off the bottom iff (that's not a typo - if and only if) you have the explicit permission of the author.

Please take this issue off the boards and contact me at neil.pickup@cricketweb.net if you want to discuss this any further.

Last edited:

yohanna

Banned
Sanz said:
Alternative for a better allrounder, Are you telling me that Razzaq is playing in the team as a batsmen ? Razzaq is playing in the current team as an allrounder which he isn't anymore. The moment Pakistan get a batsman who can ball a bit, Razzaq will be out.

Thats the difference between Pakistan and Indian team, Pak usually goes with a bowling allrounder while Indians just pick batsmen that can bowl a bit.

Razzak started his cricket as a bowling allrounder, with age his batting improved but his bowling declined.He's still in the team coz he's a brilliant Onedayer batsmen who can also bowl.

Do I need to remind you that Pakistan lost the ODI series to SA and NZ ? He does destroy the opposition but once or twice in 50 matches and that is not enough, I would rather have a batsman who can score 30-40 runs-a-ball consistently than someone scoring 50-60 runs in 25-30 balls once in 20 matches.
What has the result of the match to do with Razzak? Its the Pak team that lost the match and NOT Razzak that lost the match for Pak.
Also whatever you claim is a load of bull, Razzak averages 29.58 in ODI with bat so he's pretty much at 30 mark. Razzak is pretty much consistent with the bat, the player you described looks more like Afridi.

masterblaster said:
I wouldnt be so ****y ajaagarkaraja. Agreed that Sami and Shabbir aren't as good as Akhtar, but Akhtar is a real threat.

A real BIG threat. Chopra, Sehwag and Ganguly are nowhere near batting 'gods'. I can see Akhtar getting Ganguly and troubling him very often.
I never said Akhter won't be a threat, but one man cannot blast off 5 ultimate batsmen. I do agree that i was slightly off the mark when i included Chopra in my list of class batsmen, but i don't agree with you on Ganguly as Ganguly has a wonderful record against Pak and according to Saeed anwar, Pak fears Ganguly more than they fear Tendulkar!!

I am not saying that Akhter is going to blast through INdians as did Imran i am just saying considering the Passion they Pakistani cricketers have always had and more importantly and more importantly ability to perform beyond their abilities when playing India is the most crucial factor and thats why it (beating SIx Indian God's) is not very out of question.
Akhter is no Imran, nor does he ever does justice with his cricket Like Imran used to do it.I know Pak play with Passion while playing against India( otherwise how on hell can a club player like Afridi would have scored a ton against India in a test match) but mate one guy cannot beat six gods, that only happen in Hindi movies:P .

Yeah it has always been but has Pakistani bowlers have not done that in Past or not.U know the answer.??
Yes they did that , they did that when Indian batting was dependent upon Sachin and there wasn't Yuvraj, Laxman,Sehwag and Chopra to defy Pak bowlers.

Sami played a county season last year, shabir has been signed by another for this season, there is something which makes NON Pakistani people think they are good and ignore people like Pathan, Baliji, oh and the greatest allrounder who is better than Imran Khan for many people i mean Agarkar.
We judge a player by his performance in test matches, in contrast you take pride in how ur player is faring in some county match!!
And if i'm not wrong, Imran has himself praised Ajit and Pathan.Imran may have been great but face it, today Pak team doesn't have a single quality allrounder.I mean Afridi is probably in the team coz of his looks, and Razzak , though a good batter, is a disgrace as a bowler.

Aggrassion"Dude r u on Crack or something, for real man that is funny to even think that.
You ppl think only you can be aggresive on field? face it, Captain Ganguly is an aggressive and innovative captain, Inzi on the other hand is a sleeping giant, how the hell can a fellow how says he loves sleeping captain an international team??

Firstly he is not even chosen to play the whole series he is only picked up for first two ODI's and secondly people thought same about him when he had to face a better Indian Bowling attack in LAst India Tour (Srinath, Prasad, Kumble agarkar in ODI's etc) compared with this aggrasive attack, and as much as i remember he made them all look like laughing stack.
DEAD WRONG ! that abowling attack was much weaker than this attack. Srinath was all class but Prasad was lowsy then and there wasn't any third quality pacer. But today we have pacers of the class of Balaji & Salvi in reserves.

Afridi did well in last test series, but this time he will prove to be a disaster for Pak (just like in the '03 WC)

Swervy

International Captain
lets hope freak storms dont wash the entire series out...hehehehe

To be honest I can see Pakistan really finishing Ganguly off as a batsman in this series.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
yohanna said:
Thats the difference between Pakistan and Indian team, Pak usually goes with a bowling allrounder while Indians just pick batsmen that can bowl a bit.

Razzak started his cricket as a bowling allrounder, with age his batting improved but his bowling declined.He's still in the team coz he's a brilliant Onedayer batsmen who can also bowl.
I think you just contradicted yourself, in first sentence you said Pak ususally goes with a bowling allrounder and in the second you Razzaq is a brilliant ODI batter who can also bowl.

And Razzaq Is not Brilliant ODI batsman, He is AVERAGE. Brilliant is Bevan.

What has the result of the match to do with Razzak? Its the Pak team that lost the match and NOT Razzak that lost the match for Pak.
Razzaq didn't lose those games by himself but he was ordinary most of the time and very very incosistent.

Also whatever you claim is a load of bull, Razzak averages 29.58 in ODI with bat so he's pretty much at 30 mark. Razzak is pretty much consistent with the bat, the player you described looks more like Afridi.
Below 30 is poor IMO. Take a look at Razzaq's innings and you will know about his so called consistencies

http://statserver.cricket.org/perl/...=0&stumpedlow=&stumpedhigh=&csearch=&submit=1

vdmd

Cricket Spectator
indo pak series

A forum has been created especially to discuss this historic event in cricket...

indopaktour.com

Please visit it and discuss about this wonderful series.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
especially to ajitagarkarjajajaja?(whtever)

what is the problem with u .....the fac t that u keep on reffering to the indian batmen as gods....it totally stupid

i just wonde how u feel when your GODS WIL BE pummeled by shoaib sami and co.

gods.....hahahahahahaha....some of the people on this forum were right .....you are on crack

vdmd

Cricket Spectator
indian batsamn

Well the indian batting line up is one of the best in the world at this point.

We all know what happened to Shoaib in world cup...:D

http://www.indopaktour.com
the "slightly" biased forum about the indo pak tour

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
yeah only in the world cup
when ever b4 has the indian batting lineup got the better of shoaib
and just look at what kind of performances shoaib has been putting up since the world cup

vdmd

Cricket Spectator
indopaktour

Well shoiab didnt play India much so cant really say that he has been good against India....we will all find out soon right...

http://www.indopaktour.com

Bouncer

State Regular
Re: indopaktour

vdmd said:
Well shoiab didnt play India much so cant really say that he has been good against India....we will all find out soon right...

yohanna

Banned
I think you just contradicted yourself, in first sentence you said Pak ususally goes with a bowling allrounder and in the second you Razzaq is a brilliant ODI batter who can also bowl.
No i didn't contradicted myself, i used the word "USUALLY" and not the word "Always". As i said earlier Pak usually pick bowling allrounders as was in the case of Razzak in the early part of his career, but now Razzak has become a batting allrounder and the reason Pak has been persisting with him is because Razzak has been doing goodenough job for Pak with his batting.

Below 30 is poor IMO. Take a look at Razzaq's innings and you will know about his so called consistencies

For an allrounder 29.58 with bat isn't bad. Ur criticism on Razzak looks rather odd considering he was prasied by the winning Captain Flemming for his batting in the last seies!

Razzaq didn't lose those games by himself but he was ordinary most of the time and very very incosistent.
Indeed, he scored 22, 50,9 and 89 against NZ in the last OD seriesin NZ where none of the mighty Indian batters were not even able to come up with respectible figues.

Choora

State Regular
Razzak is good enough to make it to the most ODI teams of the world.He would have been very useful to Indian team that is still searching for an allrounder.

Also to those people who says that he is inconsistent,when you are ask to bat at number 7or 8 and most of the time you just get last 7-10 overs to bat and have to just throw ur bat right from the first ball, then its not possible to be consistent:rolleyes:

Re: Re: indopaktour

Bouncer said:
Can we not say same about the Six Gods, that they havent played against Pak since WC, so their current form does not count.......
lets see what u have to say now.

Why are you so desperate to see your bowlers getting r@ped at the hands of Indian batsmen???

Just to give you some idea of what is instore for Pak team, right now Sachin and Sehwag are hammering Pak a team and have scored 131 runs in just 16 overs. I veymuch doubt if the result would be much different against Pak ODI team.

Choora

State Regular
Its 150 for 0 in just 19 overs!!!!!!

I think Indian batsmen are in such wonderful form that this series could be a real nightmare for Pak bowlers and Pak team!

masterblaster

International Captain
Its a good sign that India are on top, but it doesnt mean anything yet.

Cricket is a game, where the better team on the day wins.

This wont be the bowling attack they will face on Saturday, and I encourage some of the other Indian's not to get too carried away with this.

Its a good start, but by no means are we on top of Pakistan yet.

Choora

State Regular
Actually MB is correct, right now Indian team is playing against an inexperianced attack that won't be part of the series.

Stillits good that Sachin and co are getting batting practice.