• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

masterblaster

International Captain
Why is Taufeeq Umar not in the ODI squad?

Its baffling, I find him a much better player than Imran Farhat. His off spinners are handy, and he can wicket keep for emergencies.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Could someone explain why Kapil Dev was not picked as bowling coach for the tour? The performance of the Indian so-called pace bowlers in this practice match makes this omission ridiculous!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
And why is Rahul Dravid still wicketkeeping? Everyone knows he is the worst ODI wicketkeeper and can only cost the team matches with his wicketkeeping. What great thing has the Indian team done with him wicketkeeping? Whatever it is, they have not won an ODI series with that selection!

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Seems the Indian bowlers have to get in shape quickly before the one dayers start.....

Khan 9 0 77 1 (8nb, 2w)
Balaji 6 0 60 0 (4nb, 1w)
Pathan 5 0 49 0 (1nb)
Kartik 10 1 63 1

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, the Indians have to discard pace from their bowling and go in for 2 or even 3 spinners, with both Powar and Karthik playing, getting the bulk of the bowling, with Sehwag bowing 10 overs, but this so-called pace attack has to be cut down to 1 or 2. Anod of course, the no-balls and wides have to be cut down a lot. Not to mention there is a need for a lot of improvement in fielding.

Could someone explain why Irfan Pathan was given an old ball? He's a lot better when it is fresh and new. "If it ain't broke, break it", is that the idea?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Pathan had an over much earlier after Balaji got creamed, and it went for 24. Kartik then went for 17, and India went to pieces.
Originally posted by Choora
I think Indian batsmen are in such wonderful form that this series could be a real nightmare for Pak bowlers and Pak team!
What do you reckon to the Indian bowling "attack", then?

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
What I don't understand is why Ganguly did not give Pathan the ball back after he got smacked all over the park. Sure, he went for plenty but it would give the bowler a life if teh captain said "here, have a bowl" after you get pasted......

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tony Blade said:
P-aki a swear word? That in itself is insulting lol ^_^
Been covered several times before - we're an International forum, and in the UK it's a fairly strong insult, almost on terms with n-gger.

Swervy

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Pathan had an over much earlier after Balaji got creamed, and it went for 24. Kartik then went for 17, and India went to pieces.What do you reckon to the Indian bowling "attack", then?
it happens a lot to India...as soon as you start going for it ..or even start making your intentions known early in the innings, they crack (see World Cup final for just one example of that).

india are great when things are going there way..but it only takes one or two overs of thngs not going their way and thats that....massacre

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I only just saw the scorecard but no match I can think of better exemplifies what the Indian cricket team is about more than this one. Possibly the world cup final as well. When your bowlers can't defend 335 against Pakistan A you know there is a problem, a big big problem.

If this is a sign of things to come in the ODI series the Indian batting line up are going to need to score 400 to win a match. :-/

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
This is not a good sign- a certain mediocre pie-thrower will make a permanent place in the team once he returns. This is a good chance for the Indians to find fast bowlers of real quality, but they've blown it. Another bowling failure under Saurav Ganguly- wonder why he's still captain.

Anyway, Zaheer and Irfan need some counselling, they're just not in the game the way they're going about it. they have not recovered from yet another thrashing from the Australians, but they are the only fast bowlers of ANY quality in the team, so they need to get things back on track. Something out of the box is definitely needed- Dravid would have a solution, but he's not the captain. Whenever these 2 bowl well, the Indian team plays well, but when that so-called all-rounder bowls or bats well, he's more likely to stay in the team than win a match. But then, who asked the selectors to pick Zaheer right after injury? He has not yet proven himself, has he? This match has opened up a can of worms, a can that explodes when opened.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
They're not going to win any match with bowling like this. Once in a while, with the same bowlers, it is understood. But when there are different bowlers who have been tried, and repeated colossal bowling failures, the captain is left to blame. Ganguly is not a bowler's captain. He may lead from the front, but once the bowlers are thrashed, he's helpless, and it shows.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Neil Pickup said:
Been covered several times before - we're an International forum, and in the UK it's a fairly strong insult, almost on terms with n-gger.
The UK is not at the center of the universe. Making Paaki a swear word, ur insulting all paakis. And Tony Blade is a paaki himself!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
ReallyCrazy said:
The UK is not at the center of the universe. Making Paaki a swear word, ur insulting all paakis. And Tony Blade is a paaki himself!
A line has to be drawn somewhere, and it is drawn here. People will be offended in some way either way, the word is blocked to try and prevent its use as a racially motivated insult.

Sorry, but the moderators' decision is final.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
For all those who have been watching the match, what do you think of the Indian fielding? I didn't get to watch it, nor do CricInfo scorecards have anything to say, and you can't blame the Indian bowling for pathetic, sloppy, Ganguly-ish fielding, can you?

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Fielding was average..or slightly below average. It was not their fielding that they lost the match due to, it was the bowling, especially the extras.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Fielding was average..or slightly below average. It was not their fielding that they lost the match due to, it was the bowling, especially the extras.
Just 16 no-balls and wides, though 16 itself is a big number, but not the main cause was it? Must be really horrible bowling that they actually lose from such a position, even without bad fielding.

By the way, who were the guilty ones on the fielding front? The captain's name will definitely figure. Or was Nehra brought on as a substitute?

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Well, they didnt drop a catch, which is good. But they were pretty sluggish..in some incidents they didnt even try to stop the ball..plus a few overthrows. I dont remember the fielders' names [I wasnt watching the match 'exclusively'.] Field placings were a bit lame :\. '. And most of the extras were conceded in the earlier part of the match, took pressure off of the batsmen..even when they missed..which they did a couple of times.. Though the batting was pretty good as well, Imran Nazir went all out right from the start..played exxtreemeely agressively while Taufeeq took his time and started scoring when Hafeez got out. Nice neat shots by Taufeeq...

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
I watched the match on ary and i couldnt believe how short the boundary line was.It was quite easy to hit a 6.Zaheer looked unfit and he needs to get his run up right.Sehwaq and tendulkar bowled tidy overs.Pathan and bajali also got smacked.I dont know why taufeeq isnt in the squad hes better then farhat.I wouldnt bring nazir back though.Ganguly got out to a short ball:lol: :lol: