• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sun May 8 - Tue May 10 11:00 local (10:00 GMT)
Essex v Sri Lankans
County Ground, Chelmsford

Fri May 13 - Sun May 15 11:00 local (10:00 GMT)
Leicestershire v Sri Lankans
Grace Road, Leicester

Thu May 19 - Mon May 23 11:00 local (10:00 GMT)
1st Investec Test - England v Sri Lanka
Headingley, Leeds

Fri May 27 - Tue May 31 11:00 local (10:00 GMT)
2nd Investec Test - England v Sri Lanka
Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street

Thu Jun 9 - Mon Jun 13 11:00 local (10:00 GMT)
3rd Investec Test - England v Sri Lanka
Lord's, London

~

Thu Jun 16 (50 ovs) 10:45 local (09:45 GMT | 10:45 BST)
1st ODI - Ireland v Sri Lanka
The Village, Malahide, Dublin

Sat Jun 18 (50 ovs) 10:45 local (09:45 GMT | 10:45 BST)
2nd ODI - Ireland v Sri Lanka
The Village, Malahide, Dublin

~

Tue Jun 21 (50 ovs) 14:00 local (13:00 GMT)
1st ODI - England v Sri Lanka
Trent Bridge, Nottingham

Fri Jun 24 (50 ovs) 14:00 local (13:00 GMT)
2nd ODI - England v Sri Lanka
Edgbaston, Birmingham

Sun Jun 26 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT)
3rd ODI - England v Sri Lanka
County Ground, Bristol

Wed Jun 29 (50 ovs) 13:00 local (12:00 GMT)
4th ODI - England v Sri Lanka
Kennington Oval, London

Sat Jul 2 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT)
5th ODI - England v Sri Lanka
Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

~

Tue Jul 5 (20 ovs) 18:30 local (17:30 GMT)
Only T20I - England v Sri Lanka
The Rose Bowl, Southampton

~

Sri Lanka Test Squad

1. Angelo Mathews (c)
2. Dinesh Chandimal (vc)
3. Dushmantha Chameera
4. Dhananjaya de Silva
5. Niroshan Dickwella
6. Shaminda Eranga
7. Nuwan Pradeep
8. Rangana Herath
9. Dimuth Karunaratne
10. Suranga Lakmal
11. Kusal Mendis
12. Dilruwan Perera
13. Dhammika Prasad
14. Dasun Shanaka
15. Kaushal Silva
16. Milinda Siriwardana
17. Lahiru Thirimanne

Howe_zat

Audio File
Big squad the Sri Lankans are bringing. Don't see much role for a few of these allrounders and keepers but hey ho.

Bowling could go pretty well during the test series but I don't expect much from their batting.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I suppose a win is a win, but it's a great shame we'll already have the Test series wrapped up before the Lankans have even begun to get acclimatised to England in May

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan and Sri Lanka agree in principle to points system for England tour | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

So I don't even know what the trophy is called that we play for against SL in tests, but if they do implement this points system over all the international tour games........is the test trophy still played for separately??

What I mean is, if England win the test series 2-1 and then get mullared in the short formats, Sri Lanka can claim the tour points and the series win.........but are Eng still considered the test victors and awarded that trophy?

Can you imagine the Ashes being decided in the one dayers?? That would be seriously ****ed if it is the case.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pakistan and Sri Lanka agree in principle to points system for England tour | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

So I don't even know what the trophy is called that we play for against SL in tests, but if they do implement this points system over all the international tour games........is the test trophy still played for separately??

What I mean is, if England win the test series 2-1 and then get mullared in the short formats, Sri Lanka can claim the tour points and the series win.........but are Eng still considered the test victors and awarded that trophy?

Can you imagine the Ashes being decided in the one dayers?? That would be seriously ****ed if it is the case.
I'm sure the trophies that already exist wouldn't be awarded for something other than they currently are. The points thing sounds like a new competition.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Big squad the Sri Lankans are bringing. Don't see much role for a few of these allrounders and keepers but hey ho.

Bowling could go pretty well during the test series but I don't expect much from their batting.
I believe it's a national law in Sri Lanka that each Test squad has at least 4 keepers iirc

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Loves Stokes response, completely in contrast to #ecb #spokesman #joeroot

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Disappointed Howe hasn't type out all their christian names
At work we had to expand the first name box for the Sri Lankan entries (and match our current records with an entry where they had used a different subset of their Christian names, that was also good fun)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Shanaka any good with the bat? Might be a good 5th option with the ball from what I saw in the WT20s, though I suppose Mathews' presence makes him a bit unnecessary.

Last edited:

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Especially in England, the 2 matches a couple years ago Mathews performed well with the bat and took 4 cheap wickets at Headingley

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Is Shanaka any good with the bat? Might be a good 5th option with the ball from what I saw in the WT20s, though I suppose Mathews' presence makes him a bit unnecessary.
Shanaka is more a t20 player so surprised that he is in the squad? Agree that our bowling looks reasonable but we need depth in batting. Personally i would have liked to see Vandersay in the squad as well as Dilruwan as we need a leggie imo but Dilruwan can bat..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The keepers are all considered to be amongst their best batting options at the moment. I don't really get the need for all the allrounders though given Mathews exists; I'd try to argue that most of them have been picked as either batsmen or bowlers primarily but in one case I wouldn't even be entirely sure which role to argue for. Siriwardana's primarily a batsman and de Silva has been picked as a batsman too, but I have no idea what the point of Shanka is. Injury cover for Mathews is the best I can offer.

Kirkut

International Regular
Sri Lanka now and with Pakistan touring next, best opportunities for Anderson and Broad to bring their bowling averages close to 25.00

mr_mister

god England play a lot of tests. Anderson and Broad will pretty comfortably end up 1 and 2 for most test wickets ever by pace bowlers eh. seems a little weird for anderson to hold that title

91Jmay

International Coach
Bolter could be Daniel Bell-Drummond. I've mentioned him a few times, rumour is the selectors really like him and he is in excellent form. Also 'looks' like a batsmen which is a poor selection criteria but we all know it has an impact.

Pothas

He sure does, just hope he keeps making runs for now. I would be surprised if they dropped Hales right now though.