• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Hong Kong T20 Blitz 2018

cnerd123

likes this

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I wonder what it'd take for a competition like this to be given official T20 status by the ICC.
India had the Karnataka Premier League last year. There will be a Chennai league this year and possible a Kolkata league soon. While the Karnataka league did have some terrific players like Uthappa and Nair, it also had the old relics in the form of people like Sunil Joshi.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta love some of the press on Clarke's inclusion. Saw one report about this being the start of his comeback with a 'gotta start somewhere' theme. Yeah mate, 10 years ago for an IPL team when they were actually interested in you and you told them to get ****ed...

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Gotta love some of the press on Clarke's inclusion. Saw one report about this being the start of his comeback with a 'gotta start somewhere' theme. Yeah mate, 10 years ago for an IPL team when they were actually interested in you and you told them to get ****ed...
Haha. A lot of player play for minor counties in England. That doesn't get any press coverage. This just gets it as it's a 'T20'. News flash to the headline hunters : Cricketers play a bit after retirement

TheJediBrah

Haha. A lot of player play for minor counties in England. That doesn't get any press coverage. This just gets it as it's a 'T20'. News flash to the headline hunters : Cricketers play a bit after retirement
Yeah I feel that this media coverage is going to give people the wrong idea about this Hong Kong T20 thing. It's not going to be any higher standard than minor counties or local grade cricket, at best. More likely significantly lower standard tbh.

cnerd123

likes this
Hi can we all stop ****ting on one of the biggest things to ever happen to HK Cricket in the thread dedicated to it?

Kthnx bye.

Daemon

Yeah I wouldn't expect too much in the way of big names or big money guys
Yeah I feel that this media coverage is going to give people the wrong idea about this Hong Kong T20 thing. It's not going to be any higher standard than minor counties or local grade cricket, at best. More likely significantly lower standard tbh.
AWTA. Hopefully they'll be able to get some of the best talent from the NSW U-12 teams to increase the overall standard.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
AWTA. Hopefully they'll be able to get some of the best talent from the NSW U-12 teams to increase the overall standard.
You jest, but NSW do have some seriously good players who are basically still in nappies. PEWS' boi Arjun Nair, Jason Sangha and arguably Austin Waugh too.

Even if the names aren't huge (iirc Maddinson said he'd be interested), this is a big step forward for cricket in Hong Kong. If this gets them to continue developing towards being a genuinely good associate nation, then its awesome.

Daemon

Maddinson would be pretty huge actually.

And of course it's ****ing amazing, TJB was just being a party pooper

TheJediBrah

Just being realistic tbh

I do feel kind of bad about harshing *****'s vibe. Don't care about the rest of you ****s though

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey *****, can you explain this?

For General Admission tickets there is no food or drink available for purchase inside the ground so please feel free to bring in your own
I would have thought that a small street food type stand or two would have been a smart idea.