• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In a way, the WI have trailblazed in each cricket format

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
The WI arguably "revolutionized" test cricket back in the 70s/80s, and then quickly followed suit by dominating ODIs. Now they're dominating T20s.

I suppose pretty soon they will lose interest in T20s and be experts at Hypothetical Futuristic Digital Cricket.

the big bambino

International Captain
Rather than being revolutionary I see them as the being better equipped to meet the demands of each format they have dominated over the years. Back in the day they had the game's best ever test and odi XIs. Now in T20 they have a collection of good bowlers who double up as outstanding power hitters which make them the outstanding T20 team.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The WI arguably "revolutionized" test cricket back in the 70s/80s, and then quickly followed suit by dominating ODIs. Now they're dominating T20s.

I suppose pretty soon they will lose interest in T20s and be experts at Hypothetical Futuristic Digital Cricket.
That's not exactly the case tbf

They're winning more than most, comparing what WI are doing now in T20s to what they did in Tests/ODIs in the 70s is disingenuous

Zinzan

First top eight nation to lose an international to Afghanistan.
Point's only relevant if one cares about meaningless games when in that context the Windies had already qualified. Just a genuine case of CBF cricket.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf they never really revolutionized ODI cricket either. It's just that they had Viv who was light years ahead of his time (and Lloyd to a certain extent).

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Can't find a good spinner. Just play four quicks. Can't find the gaps. Just send in roided up six hitters. Trailblazers.

vcs

Considering their overall ****ness since around 2000, they've certainly overachieved in ICC tournaments. 1 Champions Trophy win, 1 Champions Trophy RU, 2 T20 WC wins is a pretty enviable haul, compared to SA for instance... :laugh: