• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Easter another God arose

James

Cricket Web Owner
The Easter another God arose

It was Easter, the day Catholics the world over celebrated their messiah who came back to life after being crucified on the cross.

March 27th was Easter Sunday and Virat Kohli, who has been crucified for his brashness, ****iness, his actress ex-girlfriend among many other things, rose again. It wasn’t the first time that he had risen to the occasion, nor the first time he had taken his team across the finish line with a calm head. It’s funny how Indian cricket’s angry young man is counted upon to steer the team to victory with a calm head. The innings he played on Sunday for some reason elicited more than the usual responses. From Brian Lara, Kumar Sangakkara and Sachin Tendulkar, three of the finest proponents of the modern game, praise was effusive and unrestrained.

by Pawan Mahalingam

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think that is an appropriate article,I don't need to explain myself.
Yeah, I am an atheist and you may very well be correct about how inappropriate the article is. I am more offended though by the hyperbole and how crass and lazy the writing is.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
As said could do a detailed response to the article but won't,people don't want religious talk here.
So as said it effects peoples sensibilities,many faiths hold Jesus in their faith at a particular level,and would expect not only christians are offended by it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Article appears to be longer than Kohli's innings.
Including the wonderful clinche filled passage below. I will stop bashing it after this post but the fact that it is the top and newest article on CW's Facebook is disappointing and doesn't reflect well on the site. Not for me to make any suggestions to James but does anyone read these articles before they go up?

"In 1998, a 25 year old Tendulkar laid siege to the hearts of Indians when he single-handedly took on the Australians. Steve Waugh would go on to say that they lost to one man, not to India. Steven Smith said more or less the same thing on Kohli’s herculean effort. Statistically, Virat Kohli is catching up with Sachin Tendulkar. While Tendulkar danced to a tune of his own, Kohli is standing on the shoulders of giants and looks to outdo them.

For an entire generation that grew up with Tendulkar and equated meaning in their lives to his exploits on the field and mourned when he bid adieu to the game, never thought that his equal existed. Now they are being forced to reconsider."

"When Sachin Tendulkar retired, it was thought the likes of him would never grace cricket again. And whether you believe in the resurrection or not, if you watched Virat Kohli single handedly going up against the Australians and emerging the victor, it was like the resurrection of another innings played by another God.

It looks like the land of a million Gods has found place for another one."

Really?!

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Pawan is obviously overly excited about Kohli's innings and has gone OTT with his prose. But this just means that the reader is not supposed to take the article overly seriously like some supercilious git. Ironic coming from me I know, but there you go.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It reads like a review of a World Cup Final, and therein lies its problem.

Don't think young India idolizes anyone anymore in the 'Sachin' way. Lazy writing.