• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Starc, chameera, amir, rabada or Joseph

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes absolutely. The LO attack should be Abbott, Rabada, Morkel with Steyn playing every now and then.

The test attack should be
Steyn
Rabada
Morkel
Abbott

Philander when he is fit can replace one of the bottom three.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
We need Ian Pont. Ponty.

The problem in Starc's action is the same as Johnson's, he's not quite side on, he's not quite front on, His explosion through the crease means he's twisting his body while landing his feet, which puts even more strain on his back, feet and knees as it would if he was purely side on, or purely front on.

Johnson went through countless stress fractures, it's a bad biomechanical action. It's fast because it's ultimately taking pieces of javelin throwing, almost with baseball pitching, getting half side on, planting a locked leg and slinging the arm across your body. I guarantee he'll spend good chunks of his time injured.
lol what. Starc's action is biomechanically near perfect. Comfortable run up - check. Front arm stretch - check. Chest drive - check. Braced front leg - check. Foot alignment - decent. He ticks every box.

Aaron510

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Starc and Rabada for now..

I would like to see more of Amir in test..Pakistan is touring England and Aus this year.. it will be a big test for him..

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's Amir. Rabada vs Amir is going to be like Wasim vs Ambrose.

Personally, I think Amir could be better than Wasim but we'll see.

Last edited:

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Hm the 1988 version of this topic would then be "I think Craig Mcdermott is as good as or even better than Akram and Ambrose. He has a higher ceiling."

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
What are you gonna do now Mr *****? Get the mods to ban me next? I ain't gonna bow down to your bullying and intimidation.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Mods pls infract black warrior for calling the laugh smiley ugly. Mocking uncontrollable physical traits is unacceptable.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah this is what I get when I point out the discrimination against ugly laughs. Someone calls for a ban, I call it out and now I am being threatened. Great. Fascism 101. Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hm the 1988 version of this topic would then be "I think Craig Mcdermott is as good as or even better than Akram and Ambrose. He has a higher ceiling."
Wouldn't it be "I think Craig McDermott could be as good or even better than Akram and Ambrose. He has a higher ceiling."?

Not saying I agree with that statement but it's not as unreasonable as what you said. Also McDermott made his debut before Akram, and both were well before Ambrose. So it would be more like "I think Ambrose could be better than McDermott, he has a higher ceiling", when Ambrose had played less than 10 tests in 1988 but was going really well. Which would be a pretty smart observation.

Last edited:

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Wouldn't it be "I think Craig McDermott could be as good or even better than Akram and Ambrose. He has a higher ceiling."?

Not saying I agree with that statement but it's not as unreasonable as what you said. Also McDermott made his debut before Akram, and both were well before Ambrose. So it would be more like "I think Ambrose could be better than McDermott, he has a higher ceiling", when Ambrose had played less than 10 tests in 1988 but was going really well. Which would be a pretty smart observation.
Yeah and Starc made his debut well before Rabada along with Amir. Tbf a sane prediction from 1988 would actually be "Akram and Ambrose are both future All time greats and should not be compared with Craig McDermott; someone who is only even being mentioned alongside them because he is Australian. McDermott especially shouldn't be compared with them with silly platitudes about 'higher ceilings'." And that pretty much lines up with my prediction now.