• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nohit Sharma vs Martin Gotpills

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
channel 9 should have recovered and sold some of his lost toes as sporting memorabilia during the australian tour, signed by martin guptill
Will they also be selling the bones of Jesus Christ and the beard hairs of WG Grace?

Niall

International Coach
Guptill the marginally better T20 bat imo, but Rohit is the marginally better ODI bat.

Rohit is better in both white ball formats, lets not forget how crucial Rohit has been to the Mumbai Indians winning the most important Domestic t20 competition in the world while Guptil has never even got picked up.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nohit being more accomplished in Tests than Guptill is a myth. He has two big unbeaten tons against West Indies on debut and averages like 20 since then with a handful of fifties. Thats basically the same as Guptil when you take away his lanka-bullying; and Guptil has the harder job and only 8 toes so he deserves more credit.
Rohit's debut hundred while it was vs West indies, was a genuinely awesome innings.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Rohit is better in both white ball formats, lets not forget how crucial Rohit has been to the Mumbai Indians winning the most important Domestic t20 competition in the world while Guptil has never even got picked up.
That's not a criteria to assess quality though.

I rarely follow IPL so my opinions are mainly based on what I have seen of them in international cricket

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
That's not a criteria to assess quality though.

I rarely follow IPL so my opinions are mainly based on what I have seen of them in international cricket
Also, it's hardly a fair comparison

Rohit, Indian Player, teams have to select 7 Indians in their side and there are only so many quality Indian batsmen
Guptill, International Player, Teams have only 4 places in their side, and there are a ton of quality international batsmen.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rohit's debut hundred while it was vs West indies, was a genuinely awesome innings.
India did lose 5 for less than 100, and Dhoni followed after 50 or so runs IIRC. Then he and Ashwin put on 200+ I think. So yeah, it was a tough situation, but considering how WI capitulated in that series, and his subsequent performances, it's worth becomes a bit questionable in hindsight.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India did lose 5 for less than 100, and Dhoni followed after 50 or so runs IIRC. Then he and Ashwin put on 200+ I think. So yeah, it was a tough situation, but considering how WI capitulated in that series, and his subsequent performances, it's worth becomes a bit questionable in hindsight.
:wacko:

Aaron510

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Guptil for me.. I still feel like Rohit will struggle outside subcontinents... I really want to see him score some runs in Aus, and south Africa..but for now Guptil for me.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
lol, That you earnestly state "He got runs in Australia" as if that's some sort of achievement these days with the roads being produced there.