• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2016 Under 19 Cricket World Cup

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Haha how are you celebrating?
My betting win celebrations are pretty low-profile actually...If it's one of the non-Friday workdays the celebration is usually something like Lamb Biryani in lunch or (when it's a very busy work-day) merely one extra cup of coffee lol....

Weekends and Friday evenings are sometimes different when I'm with the wifey

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't hedge.

"If you keep talking about salt and pepper, how will you dream about the moon?" - Shahrukh Khan
Very weldone indeed. I was won over by your confidence and put a few on Nepal, but then spinelessly hedged out shortly after the half-time break. Still very thankful for the tip though!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the best odds you ****s have ever won a decent sum on? Minimum bet of say $50.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I remember in the 2011 World Cup, after Ian Bell hit a couple of hundreds in the first couple of games, I put $5 on Jonathan Trott to be England's top run scorer at something like 70:1.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe a tiny country like Nepal has 6 times more population than NZ.

Kudos to NZ for what they've achieved in the world of sports.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
hahaha...New Zealand. You don't have the spinners to succeed in India, Bangladesh...no wonder New Zealand are not touring Bangladesh any-time soon. You don't know how to win there anymore.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Population is meaningless. NZ unlike Nepal is a highly developed country which makes all the more difference. 5 million people is still a lot. Try counting up to 5 million and you will see it is impossible even in a lifetime.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Population is meaningless. NZ unlike Nepal is a highly developed country which makes all the more difference. 5 million people is still a lot. Try counting up to 5 million and you will see it is impossible even in a lifetime.
Ya that's true

And Nepal also experienced a devastating earthquake just a few months back.

Flem274*

123/5
As if having a Bangladeshi chest beating troll who needs attention wasn't hilarious enough, the little kitty cat pretending he's a bangladeshi tiger comes out with gems like this
5 million people is still a lot. Try counting up to 5 million and you will see it is impossible even in a lifetime.
:lol:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Been watching back some of the cricket from the early morning. Josh Little seems an excellent prospect. Only just 16 years old and hitting 85mph early on and decent control (from what I saw). The English counties will be queuing up to sign him up if he isn't already affiliated to a county.

Daryll Cullinan seemed to have picked up the wikipedia article during commentary that I referred to earlier. Seemed to be taking it literally as well.

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
Congratulations, Weldone! Just how much did you rake in all together? And I'll be honest even after the fact: I thought you were a fool to bet max because of good odds when the more accurate odds were still well against you. Well, I was the fool, comparable to Grieg having to grovel after the '76 Test series.

As for Josh Little, I don't care if any county picks him up, as long as he's in the T20 WC this year, and is picked up by the soon-to-be-I-hope Irish TEST team.

91Jmay

International Coach
More chance of there being less Test playing nations than more with the way cricket is being run by the greedy Big 3 sadly.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Congratulations, Weldone! Just how much did you rake in all together? And I'll be honest even after the fact: I thought you were a fool to bet max because of good odds when the more accurate odds were still well against you. Well, I was the fool, comparable to Grieg having to grovel after the '76 Test series.

As for Josh Little, I don't care if any county picks him up, as long as he's in the T20 WC this year, and is picked up by the soon-to-be-I-hope Irish TEST team.
Total profit from this bet was £4142.04 i.e. close to $6000