• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Some of you will be tempted to say "ah McLean, you've done it again", but Smith only averages 29 at McLean. Its across the road at Nelson Park where he really cashes in.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Looks impressive.

Take him. Him. He is an opener. Shove him on the merry go round, That back foot bail out to the bouncer looked useless - but the rest of it looked mint.
I had the opposite opinion. He strikes me as being in the Ingram/Wilson/Nicol league of quality players.

I wouldn't believe myself if I read this 2 years ago but I miss Tim McIntosh.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Looks impressive.

Take him. Him. He is an opener. Shove him on the merry go round, That back foot bail out to the bouncer looked useless - but the rest of it looked mint.
4th in line for the merry go round.

Brownlie
Macewell
Flynn
Smith
Myth

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Brownlie
Macewell
Flynn
Smith
Myth
Yeah if we are committed to giving 9-12 tests to each applicant then I don't see Smith getting a go at all if he is that far down.

I relooked at the video. He is crocked at playing back foot defensive shots, either that or Wagner is the 2nd coming of Malcom Marshall. Everything else looks impressive. Especially those little pokes outside off stump that don't carry to the slips. That is from years and years of opening he has the coping mechanism. And the first ball the leave outside off stump. Your Flynn's and Brownlie's won't be able to do that poke or have that defensive awareness. Nor will your Bracewells who in particular has played a lot at number 3.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Na Brownlie and Flynn are stop gaps with a time limit. By the end of even this domestic season, the line will change.

Flem274*

123/5
For balance reasons I'd go with four pacers and Santa. Two spinners in NZ shouldn't happen and Santa is no four man attack spinner. I don't want NZ to Cameron White/Steve Smith him.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hesson was big on Craig for the numerous left-handers last year iirc. Yet obvs Santa could be a wristy manipulator of the opposition spin.

Skyliner

International 12th Man

Brownlie
Macewell
Flynn
Smith
Myth
There's always the possibility that someone could push themselves up the pecking order with a compelling run of scores in 1st class cricket.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently 3 howlers, plus beating Len Brown out as the worst decision in a box in recent memory, lands Nigel Llong both Tests in the middle. Sounds fair.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently 3 howlers, plus beating Len Brown out as the worst decision in a box in recent memory, lands Nigel Llong both Tests in the middle. Sounds fair.
If he does any more howlers in our series then I would say it will go against SL. Llong sounds like a home town umpire.

Anyway - I didn't say anything about the affair but will comment that overall the umpiring from the two men out on the wicket block was very very good. Umpire Ravi particularly strong. Looks like we have some good umpires kicking around.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim Johnston finally knocks over some international batsmen and Cribbage won't have vault access, haha.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
It is booked in advance, so has nothing to do with performance, can really only be dumped on an annual review