• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank current test teams

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Gut feeling without thinking too hard and wanting to leave work in 1 min

SA
Aus
Eng
NZ
Ind
Pak
Sri
Bang
WI
Zim

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There is no way in hell England, who on any given day have four players who show up at a Test standard level, are 2nd.
The bolded applies to just about every side in the world currently.

We're entering an interesting phase in world cricket because with Sangakkara being the last of the great batsmen of the previous generation to go (before someone points out Younis is still playing, rightly or wrongly he's not mentioned in the same breath as the proper greats) we're entering an interesting phase where a lot of teams contain a lot of players trying to establish themselves or who have just established themselves internationally.

Try and come up with a World XI side where every player must've played at least 50 Tests and scored let's say, 5000 runs minimum or taken 250 wickets. It's not that easy.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If you are reliant on the toss to have home advantage then it isnt really home advantage.
No, I am not connecting toss with home advantage. Right now, if home team wins the toss, it has home advantage + toss advantage. So, I am just saying that giving the toss to away team will slightly equalize the external advantages.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Tough to really rank the teams given how they all (even South Africa) have serious frailties when taken out of their comfort zone.

SA - still number one but look increasingly average without Steyn

AUS - Warner and Smith aside, their batting is feeble but their bowling makes them a threat in a wider variety of conditions than most teams.

IND/PAK/NZL/ENG - all have their strengths and weaknesses and I don't think you can really separate them. Pakistan possibly sitting on top of the pile, but we can't really be sure until they tour somewhere where they're likely to encounter a blade of grass on the pitch.

SRL - in their downswing, with (Matthews aside) timid top-order batting and modest bowling resources.

WID - really shouldn't have ditched Chanders. Even if he wasn't playing very well there was still the feel-good factor of having him in the side.

Flem274*

123/5
It's furball trying desperately to get a bite for his underwhelming trolling efforts because the rest of us ignore him but he thinks you might be low hanging fruit