• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great to see Stokes playing, guess the key question is how will he bowl though. Hopefully he can bowl at full pace already, if not he has to be a doubt for the first test as you can't carry him.

91Jmay

International Coach
Looks like a load of bowlers used so guessing Stokes/Taylor faced some absolute filth and punished it accordingly.

Is this a first class game?

That is terrific from Stokes, good to see his shoulder not an issue.

Seems like every player has come out with real intent and had a go. Moeen four off his first ball. Must be up against some real filth.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stokes is great news.

Looks like the Compton at 3 thing is going to happen then, I can live with that.

91Jmay

International Coach
Moeen/Bairstow facing new ball with fresh bowlers is good as well. More useful for them than Taylor/Stokes belting out a load of garbage arguably.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Looks like a load of bowlers used so guessing Stokes/Taylor faced some absolute filth and punished it accordingly.

Is this a first class game?

That is terrific from Stokes, good to see his shoulder not an issue.

Seems like every player has come out with real intent and had a go. Moeen four off his first ball. Must be up against some real filth.
Nah, 3 day. Shame as Stokes could do with the stat padding.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I thought Hales might have suffered the same fate as Plunkett (i.e go to UAE for tests not play, and be dropped). He scored runs in the UAE odis but his play against the pace was really poor. He just looks so mechanical and bottom handed these days. A couple of poor games and he's questionioning his technique. Hales was so fluent and natural in his early career albeit with weaknesses. Now it seems he's lost that. It seems to have had a negative impact on his t20 game as well where he lacks the explosive edge and the offside game which used to be his strength.

I don't like the Cook, Compton, Ballance top 3 as it's too placid but I think it's the way I'd go for this series.