• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

MrPrez

International Debutant
Amla is a bloody useless captain.

Morris is a bloody useless test bowler.

Somebody hold me.

Niall

International Coach
Amla is a bloody useless captain.

Morris is a bloody useless test bowler.

Somebody hold me.

But those 20 or so runs he scores with the bat will make all the difference.:ph34r:

Should have picked Viljoen who has been on fire recently ffs.

Stefan9

International Debutant
England on top. Some very questionable bowling changes by amla...Morkel should have bowled a lot more today.

91Jmay

International Coach
Watched highlights again. Some of the dismissals are so frustrating, our top order really needs to start converting scores.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Yeah the dismissals were really the English getting themselves out. Not particularly good deliveries.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Wasn't able to watch much except for the first hour. The South African bowling seemed one dimensional and bland though. Morkel, Morris, Rabada all seemed like big men pitching them without much variation. Am I right or wrong here?

JRC67

U19 12th Man
England batsmen by strike rate.

Stokes is 1st, no prizes for getting the top five, 6th a bit weird
Looking at centuries per game Stokes is up there with someone like Prior. His big problem is he does get himself out pretty easily on some pretty placid wickets. The biggest plus is he does make runs and take wickets at pretty crucial points in games. I think he's bowling better than his average at the moment so hopefully over the couple of years his averages will cross over. Having a genuine 4th steamer could prologue Anderson's career by a couple of years. Fingers crossed he knuckles down for the first few overs tomorrow and then goes on to a match winning ton.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Lbw's and bowled were both unlikely dismissals as the pitch was so bouncy. I thought morkel had stokes plum with a full delivery only for the review to show it flying 3 inches over the top. England spent much of the day able to leave anything on length and wait for the bad ball which happened more and more as the bowlers tried to go straighter and fuller to attack the stumps.
I thought Morris bowled better than his figures suggest until stokes took him apart in his last spell with two boundaries coming off the edge in the new balls first over. Rabada was good could have also had root caught. Morkel never got going and Amla did seem to trust him at crucial times like the first spell after lunch and with the new ball

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah the dismissals were really the English getting themselves out. Not particularly good deliveries.
Hales one was a pretty nice ball on that pitch given the bounce was really helpful to the bowlers. Rest are very ordinary shots though. James Taylor's is a terrible, awful shot.

Burner

International Regular
Root getting out in the 50s is actually good for England. On the one hand you have a batsman who gets you consistent 50s and on the other, presumably, you have a batsman learning not to be a stupid **** after getting his 50. Bodes well for the future.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
On this as well, South Africa appear devoid of plans for England's batsmen as well. Amla's field settings are generic, there's not even been a token "**** it we've got no other ideas so we'll just batter you with short stuff" plan C.