• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty much, three 50s (however scratchy) at the end of the Matador Cup and a ton here has pretty much killed Bancroft's chance given S.Darsh is always going to play and block Burns from the middle order.
If they pick Marsh + Burns, I'd rather see Marsh open and Burns at 4, tbh.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Neesham? Would think he's more likely to play than Rutherford at least.

Taylor's form a bit of a worry
He did have a 48 in the Plunket shield. Mind you that was blasted off 65 balls rather than being a long stint at the crease,

I am not worried about anything other than injuries. If we go into this at full strength then we have shot at a test series victory. If even one of our players goes down then we are up the boohai. With the exception of Henry and Bracwell who are fighting it out - our other ten players have no capable test standard replacements.

Rutherford is our next cab off the rank top order batsman - and I think he illustrates my point about lack of injury cover rather nicely.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Mark Craig been bowling on a very flat pitch which apparently took no turn. If T and T knock the top of the Aussie order on a pitch which is expected to at least have decent bounce, the circumstances in which he will be bowling under may allow in to dictate terms and attack batsmen who will be looking to bat time rather than indulge in free-wheeling attack. In other words, it's impossible to predict how things will play out for Craig on the basis on what we've seen in Aus to date, and in his last test he was outstanding.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
UAE would be the ideal place for day night tests but they have to sort out the ball first, particularly in dry conditions.

From what I saw of the pink ball they haven't actually dyed the leather, it looks like a coat of varnish or something.

I think the ICC should ask some other companies to have a go at it. Kookaburra's attempts don't seem to be succeeding.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Thinking about it, I believe the problems with pink and white balls in comparison with red is that you can't analine dye the leather to be a lighter colour. So you have to use a top coat, which is where all the problems begin.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah the ball colour is a big issue right now. Hopefully it will be sorted sooner rather than later.

greg

International Debutant
What do they actually do if they have to change the ball during an innings (for whatever reason, conventional or to do with deterioration in colour). With the red ball they have a huge supply of balls so that they can exchange a ball for one of similar age and wear. But they don't have this for the pink ball presumably, or do they?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What do they actually do if they have to change the ball during an innings (for whatever reason, conventional or to do with deterioration in colour). With the red ball they have a huge supply of balls so that they can exchange a ball for one of similar age and wear. But they don't have this for the pink ball presumably, or do they?
Unlike a lot of things in this whole pink ball idea, they'll have presumably covered this scenario with balls of varying ages through nets/matches.

Very interesting week ahead in Shield cricket. Pleasing to hear Voges, Hazelwood air honest concerns about it, whereas there's been not a peep out of the NZ camp (which is orchestrated). Hopefully the Shield players are able to offer the same unrestricted views - be it good, bad or otherwise.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Is this really our build up? A one dayer and a 2 dayer? No FC match at all? No pink ball under lights?

Why didn't we take NZ A over there with us and organise a few weeks of hard cricket, NZ v NZ A

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Is this really our build up? A one dayer and a 2 dayer? No FC match at all? No pink ball under lights?

Why didn't we take NZ A over there with us and organise a few weeks of hard cricket, NZ v NZ A
We've got a 4 day warm up game this week iirc.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Mark Craig been bowling on a very flat pitch which apparently took no turn. If T and T knock the top of the Aussie order on a pitch which is expected to at least have decent bounce, the circumstances in which he will be bowling under may allow in to dictate terms and attack batsmen who will be looking to bat time rather than indulge in free-wheeling attack. In other words, it's impossible to predict how things will play out for Craig on the basis on what we've seen in Aus to date, and in his last test he was outstanding.
Yeah, agree with this entirely. Craig, like Lyon, uses bounce as a weapon quite well from what I've seen. I certainly wouldn't be writing him off based on getting smacked around a bit on a ****ty (as usual) Manuka deck.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

No, NZ gets to play the Scrubs XI who get most of their players from the blunder of the century that was the CA XI.

Should be a breeze really.

adub

International Captain
Cricket Australia XII: Ashton Turner (c), Riley Ayre, Jake Carder, Ryan Carters (wk), Hilton Cartwright, Sam Heazlett, Kurtis Patterson, Jake Reed, Liam Hatcher, Gurinder Sandhu, Matthew Short, Mitchell Swepson

Turner to lead CA XI against Black Caps | cricket.com.au

Not a complete walk over team. Playing at Blacktown isn't a massive gift to NZ either - slow deck.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well Sandhu being a pain on that deck is a given, not sure about the rest of the attack or batting apart from Carters, Cartwright and Patterson.

Would like to see a true Redlands product like Heazlett do well though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well the captain is good too. Jake Reed is decent. I don't know Carder. We just picked like 7 Test prospects last match, hardly a problem the team we've picked given that there will be Shield matches on.