• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Test batsman to average over 50, over 40 and over 30 IYO

wish i was good enough to be the worst batsman to average over 50
Aiming a bit high? Wouldn't you wish to be the worst batsman to play test cricket first? Or have you played test cricket?

Or is this some mediocrity wish - yeah I don't wish to be as good as Bradman - better than Trevor Franklin will do me but below Sangarakarra. The worst to bat with a 50 average. Sweet.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm thinking Sehwag.

Edit: whoops - he ended up averaging less than 50.
Still wouldn't be Sehwag with guys like Vinod Kambli, Brad Hodge, even Mohammad Yousuf being worse than him anyway. He's closer to being the best under 50 batsman than the worst.

OverratedSanity

For those who've had a complete career of decent length:

Worst over 50: Vinod Kambli
Worst over 40: Greg Mathews maybe?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Worst Over 40: Kane Williamson
Worst Over 30: Kane Williamson

He is not being dicussed enough, so...

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Still wouldn't be Sehwag with guys like Vinod Kambli, Brad Hodge, even Mohammad Yousuf being worse than him anyway. He's closer to being the best under 50 batsman than the worst.
dunno about that one

Even doubtful re. Hodge. I have little doubt Hodge could have played 100+ tests as a class player were he either: (1) born a decade earlier or later, or (2) in any other country other than Australia