• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

viriya

International Captain
well the fielding restrictions are more bowler friendly nowadays but yes, you take 303 in India on a pitch like this with Ashwin injured every day of the week.
When exactly did they revert the last 10 over fielding restriction rule? Right after the WC? I'd think that's worth a good 10-20 at least.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do we actually have a topic on CW Virat vs ABD (ODI batting)?

I think this might be one of the most interesting cricketing conversations of this era.
It's definitely AB overall in ODIs imo. Kohli's ability to chase down a target and make it look like a cakewalk is basically unprecedented in history, but AB trumps him in every other facet of ODI batting.

AB-Viv-Sachin is the top 3 in ODI history as far as I'm concerned.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
It's definitely AB overall in ODIs imo. Kohli's ability to chase down a target and make it look like a cakewalk is basically unprecedented in history, but AB trumps him in every other facet of ODI batting.

AB-Viv-Sachin is the top 3 in ODI history as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah but the thing with both is that they are still so young, especially Kohli. So a lot of room for growth and improvement..so Virat has a chance to surpass some of these greats.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
haha it can be both surely? You don't want to give away 50 in the last 3 overs.
But here's the thing. Isn't that what you already expect when India is bowling? I know I expect Pakistan to be at least 2 wickets down in the first 10 overs pretty much every time.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Eh, it's a bit of a meme isn't it? People like to cry about India's poor death bowling, but apart from Starc, mostly every bowler gets taken apart these days.
Exactly. 100 plus runs in the last 10 overs is pretty much standard no matter who is bowling. And even Starc might go for a few when he plays in India.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Eh, it's a bit of a meme isn't it? People like to cry about India's poor death bowling, but apart from Starc, mostly every bowler gets taken apart these days.
Well it's short boundaries or get drowned by a monsoon of bottles thrown from the crowd.