• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Playing Selector: Middle Order of the Team of the 1990's

Your THREE Middle Order Batsmen for the Team of the 90's?

• Saleem Malik

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Boon

• Robin Smith

• Darryl Cullinan

• Graham Thorpe

• Hansie Cronje

• Carl Hooper

• Arjuna Ranatunga

• Graeme Hick

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How so? I don't remember Dravid being anything special in the 00s. He was good yeah but he was more of an emerging player than an established one iirc
Inzi wasn't either. Dravid had some very good tours to Eng, NZ and SA. Didn't mean to say he was anywhere close to Waugh, Sachin and Lara, obviously.

smash84

The Tiger King
Inzi wasn't either. Dravid had some very good tours to Eng, NZ and SA. Didn't mean to say he was anywhere close to Waugh, Sachin and Lara, obviously.
By the end of the 00s Inzy was definitely the main batsman in the Pak middle order of Ijaz Ahmed, Salim Malik, (a young yousuf) and rated on par or better than Anwar (throwing this out with memory but I think I am right).

Dravid was definitely behind Tendulkar, Azhar, and perhaps even Ganguly. Inzy had debuted in 1991. Dravid probably came somewhere in 96/97 and was in the process of establishing himself. I don't recall him being better than Inzy in the 90s at all.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Flower is being picked, he has to get in at 5, and Waugh at 6 imo. Waugh is a beast to have at 6, plus he would be bowling a bit.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What does the batting relative batting strengths of India and Pakistan have to do with anything?

Ftr, Inzi played 60 matches in the 90s and scored a grand total of 8 tons. Dravid scored 6 hundreds in 34 matches, averaged a lot more, and had some amazing overseas tours (bar Australia in 99-00) all adding up to an overseas average of 60. It's pretty clear Inzi wasn't that good in that period. Inzi only really hit his stride in early 2000.

smash84

The Tiger King
What does the batting relative batting strengths of India and Pakistan have to do with anything?

Ftr, Inzi played 60 matches in the 90s and scored a grand total of 8 tons. Dravid scored 6 hundreds in 34 matches, averaged a lot more, and had some amazing overseas tours (bar Australia in 99-00) all adding up to an overseas average of 60. It's pretty clear Inzi wasn't that good in that period. Inzi only really hit his stride in early 2000.
Hmmm. I actually had to go to stats guru to look it up. You're right. Inzy averages only 43 for the 90s :blink:

Must have really stepped on it in the 00s