• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Modern New Zealand XI (dayboo post 1980) last poll: Sneak me in the back door

Pick your last player for the team

• John Bracewell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simon Doull

• Andrew Jones

• Chris Martin

• Craig McMillan

• Danny Morrison

• Dion Nash

• Iain O'Brien

• Scott Stryis

• Neil Wagner

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flem274*

123/5
Pick your final player for the team. I've provided a broad selection for you to play with team balance.

The team is

Mark Richardson
Stephen Fleming
Kane Williamson
Martin Crowe
Ross Taylor

Brendon McCullum (wk)

Daniel Vettori

Tim Southee
Shane Bond
Trent Boult

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, based on the team selected it probably has to be Cairns.

But screw it, I'm voting Watling in protest!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pick your final player for the team. I've provided a broad selection for you to play with team balance.

The team is

Mark Richardson
Stephen Fleming
Kane Williamson
Martin Crowe
Ross Taylor

Brendon McCullum (wk)

Daniel Vettori

Tim Southee
Shane Bond
Trent Boult
That's more like it Flem with Rigor & your namesake up top.

Cairns fairly obviously for the last spot.

Watling, Astle & Nash all a little unlucky for mine.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Cairns the younger.

I told Howe over beers that I shamelessly reuse material and haven't said anything new since 2014. In keeping with that here is a story I have already told.

When Cairns was 18 he was playing in a Hawke cup game against Hamilton. My coach was there to watch. A boy called Cairns had been turning heads in the youth grades and this would be his first test at a relatively decent level. Word had gotten around and as well as my coach there was a who's who of Hamilton cricket who just casually stopped in that saturday afternoon to watch the game and Chris' debut in intercity cricket.

Hurricane "How quick was he".
Coach who had played minor county cricket in his day "Fast".
Hurricane "As fast as he would be when he was 26"
Coach "He was faster when he was 18. He bowled a ball on a length that hit the seam and went straight on to the batsman's forehead who was playing forward defence. The batsman was a nuggety journeyman. The journeyman took out his hanky, wiped his forehead didn't call for as helmet and kept on batting."

Flem274*

123/5
Cairns the younger.

I told Howe over beers that I shamelessly reuse material and haven't said anything new since 2014. In keeping with that here is a story I have already told.

When Cairns was 18 he was playing in a Hawke cup game against Hamilton. My coach was there to watch. A boy called Cairns had been turning heads in the youth grades and this would be his first test at a relatively decent level. Word had gotten around and as well as my coach there was a who's who of Hamilton cricket who just casually stopped in that saturday afternoon to watch the game and Chris' debut in intercity cricket.

Hurricane "How quick was he".
Coach who had played minor county cricket in his day "Fast".
Hurricane "As fast as he would be when he was 26"
Coach "He was faster when he was 18. He bowled a ball on a length that hit the seam and went straight on to the batsman's forehead who was playing forward defence. The batsman was a nuggety journeyman. The journeyman took out his hanky, wiped his forehead didn't call for as helmet and kept on batting."
so slow then?

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Well if you want a batsman, take Watling and give him the gloves. That ways BMac goes back to being a batsman.
I love Baz's keeping too much. Though Watling is going well the last couple years. In fact the last couple of years is when you would consider Baz for his batting as well. He had a good year 2010 too but last year was BIG.