• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia A, South Africa A and India A in India 2015

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
If you're an Ashton Agar fan, you'll want to rewind the stream to 2 past the current hour.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope that Lynn can go on as he is a massive talent

Shame that he appears to be made of the same glass as Patto and Cummins

social

Love our batting lineup

Wade
Agar
Pattinson
Zampa
Sandhu
Fekete

Talk about trolling the opposition

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Boy Unmukt still gets into a lot of strife with his 'too close to cut' antics. His defensive play of Tsotsobe simply angling it across him wasn't very good yesterday, either.

He still gives you enough eye-catching touches to make him an interesting young batsman to watch, but it'a very hard for me to see a good red ball opener in him.
Noone has wanted to consider him for red ball cricket.

social

Predict that Oz will pick Zampa soon

Horribly unfair on Lyon but the kid has something about him

Should never have won that match from that position with only 6 bats

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Noone has wanted to consider him for red ball cricket.
Nah I know. I meant that he possibly shouldn't have chosen to torture all that confidence he had in his U19 days out of his game by making heavy weather of opening in red ball cricket for Delhi, let alone India. His game seems all wrong for that position to me.

Gnske

Pity about how de Bruyn has done in the series, sounds like hes been having a real stinker.

SeamUp

International Coach
Pity about how de Bruyn has done in the series, sounds like hes been having a real stinker.
Brought up on the true Highveld wickets & plays with hard hands.

Think this tour will be a real eye opener for him.

Niall

International Coach
He has been useless for a long time though has QDK, dire world cup campaign was probably the final nail in the coffin. He will be back soon I assume though.

Good old fashioned match losing innings that from Hendricks.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
QdK deserved to be dropped, but I think everybody expected him to bounce back pretty quickly and force his way back into the side. He's too good not to be playing international cricket.

Marius

International Debutant
Nice to see QDK making runs - he'll be back for SA very soon.

Poor Vilas will probably not get a chance to bat in a Test match...

Overall though, SA A has been dire. Tsotsobe seems to have been bowling well, and obviously QDK has batted like a champ but apart from that there's nobody else really. Zondo played a good knock today, and Delport has had some good passages of play but apart from that?

Marius

International Debutant
QdK deserved to be dropped, but I think everybody expected him to bounce back pretty quickly and force his way back into the side. He's too good not to be playing international cricket.
I agree.

I wonder if he also started believing his own hype and stopped working as hard as he should have?

I suppose that ankle injury didn't help either.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Not sure what the selectors expected rushing him back from injury with hardly any time in the middle to the most high pressure tournament there is in cricket.Hes only 22,huge ask for a player to do that and it was very understandable that he didn't have much success.Im not gonna try defend his performances in Bangladesh as he looked out of nick there,but I just think he should have been given a little more time then he had before he got dropped.He had scored a century in the last ODI he had played in before the injury if I can remember against Australia,if not certainly in that series.

SeamUp

International Coach
Nice to see QDK making runs - he'll be back for SA very soon.

Poor Vilas will probably not get a chance to bat in a Test match...

Overall though, SA A has been dire. Tsotsobe seems to have been bowling well, and obviously QDK has batted like a champ but apart from that there's nobody else really. Zondo played a good knock today, and Delport has had some good passages of play but apart from that?
I agree Marius. Been shocking but the new demands on our domestic game and SA u19s even can't be too good for the future. I've never seen an SA 'A' side so abysmal in terms of results in limited overs cricket if you take this series & England 'A' series. Plus our SA u19 side has been thrashed in its last 3 series which is unheard of !

From this series we take that de Kock will be back for SA very soon & it will be the India tour. He needs a good knock or 2 in the 4-day games now. Tsotsobe is the best 1-day bowler of a limited bunch and is a non-athletic 30+ bowler. No real future there. Zondo is ok nothing more. I expected more from Reeza Hendricks, he scored 76 today but he really didn't going but I do believe he has ability.

de Bruyn will learn from this. I suppose being ripped to shreds here is good in a way. Hopefully guys like Savage, Phehlukwayo, Dupavillon have good starts to the season and the younger generation is backed in bowling/all-rounder department for future 'A' series.

Now for the 4-day series. Need to see Piedt find some form now.