• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia A, South Africa A and India A in India 2015

G.I.Joe

International Coach
My point stands, if he in particular wants to play then it is not really an A side. Just call the team something else and I wouldn't have made my post.

If it really is an A side then he is stopping some young prospect from getting a run.
It was an A series that he wasn't a part of, and he decided later on that he wanted to play the second in Chennai. They're not going to rename the team and series retrospectively just because the Test captain decided to have a go for one game, nor are they going to prevent him from playing just because people who are most definitely not part of 'Australia A' decided to make a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nothing wrong with him playing. The A team is meant to develop, trial and in general get players ready for tests. If Kohli isn't feeling ready for Sri Lanka then he has a right to belong there.

I like when common sense prevails over rigid policies and semantics.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I will be writing a strong letter to the BCCI protesting his inclusion. He has no business being in an A team.

ajdude

International Coach
Sandhu running through them with his offies. could be a genuinely handy development. might let us be Funky in the subcontinent

ajdude

International Coach
well Funky in a non-Funky (eg keeper at 6, two spinners, bowling allrounder etc) way. wouldn't be bad playing two frontline seamers + sandhu + marsh + lyon.

adub

International Captain
Certainly a handy thing for any sub continent tours.

SOK with 14 @ 20 continues to do what he does.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Actually starts without Indians on Wednesday, and they're showing those too. No Ashton Turner though, disappointing.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, thanks to the over emphasis on green pitches, we now have a generation of cricketers that can't play spin and can't bowl spin (reckon this will be more apparent in say 5 more years)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Reminds me that I really should get around to actualising Kippax's forum location. This game seems to actually be available in Australia (and presumably NZ?) anyway though.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep I'm fine for this series too by the looks, thanks Cribbage.

I see Unmukt is back and driving his haters mad with ludicrous over-promotion, but I note he actually averages 50 in List A for India A.

Last edited: