• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Best-Ever Test Championship Rating Draft - VOTING THREAD

Please vote for your 3 favourite and strongest Test teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The only difference between me and ****s like Howezat is that I actually admit that I've voted for myself instead of sneaking in a self-vote without telling anyone. Atleast I'm frank. :p
Howe was compensating for NZT's picks, you hack of a heel. No one's as big a **** as you are (admittedly only because certain members have been banned)

harsh.ag

Also, if I go full heel here, Pothas' team is overrated. 6 votes??!!! Pshhh... clear shenanigans. Zinzan and Watson's teams better in every way
Actually I don't get the lack of love (relatively) for Red Hill's team. Has a great mix of bowling and batting. Admittedly Dolly and Love are a bit weak at 5 and 6, but everything else is top notch.

watson

Banned
One vote for my team is a ****ing travesty and you guys know it, so I'm going to vote for myself as usual :p

The best 2 teams imo are clearly Side of Ice and cake (even though he's a cheating **** because he got double picks :ph34r: ), and Watson (whose team has everything... awesome bowling, great batting, top class leg spinner)
The purpose of a Draft is to feel the satisfaction of drafting a team that appeals to you personally. What other people think is neither here nor there.

If you look at Chadingthedon's attack then it is objectively superb. In 'reality', Barnes-Bedser-Vaas-Botham-Iverson are capable of blowing away any batting order that you care to mention. Sure a string of ATG batsman look great side-by-side, but in overcast conditions with a bit of grip in the wicket the bowling of Barnes and Bedser in tandem would be near impossible to play. Whether those bowlers gather a stack of votes doesn't mean much because the truth of the matter is - they form a great attack.

Or to put it another way - to say that Team A is better than Team B is a bit like saying that Picasso is better than Monet.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watson & DOG for me. Dog deserves at least one vote for his batting line-up alone and Watson's is the best team for me.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The purpose of a Draft is to feel the satisfaction of drafting a team that appeals to you personally. What other people think is neither here nor there.

If you look at Chadingthedon's attack then it is objectively superb. In 'reality', Barnes-Bedser-Vaas-Botham-Iverson are capable of blowing away any batting order that you care to mention. Sure a string of ATG batsman look great side-by-side, but in overcast conditions with a bit of grip in the wicket the bowling of Barnes and Bedser in tandem would be near impossible to play. Whether those bowlers gather a stack of votes doesn't mean much because the truth of the matter is - they form a great attack.

Or to put it another way - to say that Team A is better than Team B is a bit like saying that Picasso is better than Monet.
Sure, I agree. Only commented because there's an actual poll to find out which team is the "best"

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You got Jardine and Larwood together. fred would back you against any team, one with Bradman included :happy:
That wasn't actually me :laugh: Not that I disagree with the picks.

Trumper, Larwood, MacLaren and Jardine all aldoraine's picks.

fredfertang

.... and anyway he also has the finest off spinner ever to have drawn breath as well as the immortal Trumper and the noblest Roman - Matt Henry apart what's not to like?

watson

Banned
This was the noblest Roman of them all:
All the conspirators save only he
Did that they did in envy of great Caesar;
He only, in a general honest thought
And common good to all, made one of them.
His life was gentle, and the elements
So mix'd in him that Nature might stand up
And say to all the world 'This was a man!'

Act 5, scene 5
Archie Maclaren.

Last edited: