• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Five Wicket Haul

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Did Glenn Maxwell take a fiver in the last tour to India? Recall him taking a number of wickets and getting cursed by Aussie fans at the same time.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
think he took a 4fer, and didn't really bowl badly iirc. Particularly after he switched to around the wicket (but maybe he switched the other way)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I took a really awful five wicket haul once. Well, four of the wickets were okay but the 5th was mainly because the batsman hadn't spotted the fielder out at deep mid-wicket as he'd been off the pitch moments earlier taking a slash in the bushes. None of us were aware of this fact until we heard about it in the bar afterwards from a couple of spectators.
Worst one I have seen in club cricket is

2.2 overs 5 for 3

The batsman were determined to get out to the bowler. And he is incredibly innocuous. I consider myself a faster and more penetrative bowler and I bowl twice a season as a partnership breaker.

2.2 overs for a five fer how can you even be proud of that. It convinced me now and forever that taking a 5 wicket haul in club cricket is dead simple.