• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ryan Harris retires with immediate effect

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah , probably my favourite Rhino moment. Absolute Jaffa. We all knew this day would come, but such a shame he didn't get on last triumphant Ashes series.

Ryan Harris - just too great for his knees or opposition batsmen to cope with.
Got to be the last day of the Cape Town Test for mine. Was completely cooked yet still looked the only one likely to take a wicket all day.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm trying to think of logical reasons to include him in an Australian ATG side because I really want him.

Who needs Lillee anyway?

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm trying to think of logical reasons to include him in an Australian ATG side because I really want him.

Who needs Lillee anyway?
You certainly wouldn't lose all that much by including him (you just wouldn't be able to do it very often)

adub

International Captain
Got to be the last day of the Cape Town Test for mine. Was completely cooked yet still looked the only one likely to take a wicket all day.
Ha, true. Don't know if Warne and McGrath could have got that result. Rhino simply wasn't to be denied.

Just such a huge ticker. Gonna miss him so much. Been guys with more games and more wickets, but no one ever gave more.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Fair to say he was the Aussie Bond in many ways. Came on the scene late, was incredibly awesome, retired early due to injury.

watson

Banned
Brilliant figures. Harris never missed a beat.

Tests = 27
Wickets = 113
Average = 23.52
Strike Rate = 50.7
Economy Rate = 2.78

Batting Average = 21.53 with 3 x 50s