• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asia XI vs ROW XI for the last 25 years. Who wins a test series?

there were at least five aust batsmen who are so much better than kane williamson from the past 25 years and at least another five who are slightly better than him and lol at kane batting at 3 in a team that has ricky ponting in it.

my oceania xi

langer
hayden
ponting
hussey
clarke
s waugh
gilchrist
warne
johnson
gillespie
mcgrath
Nice of you to put the Tawa Terror in there, but in my opinion, Boult, Bond and Hadlee are probably the better NZ bowlers since from the years 1990 onwards if you wanted a Kiwi to improve the attack. But I am sure Mark will be pleased that you rate him so highly.

Last edited:

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Ten years from now, when picking ATG XIs, people will say "Bradman at 3, but Williamson from the modern era." Ponting will be a forgotten man,

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Lol, that's almost as funny as some of the Kiwi's rating themselves as favourites to win the Test Series in Australia later in the year.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ten years from now, when picking ATG XIs, people will say "Bradman at 3, but Williamson from the modern era." Ponting will be a forgotten man,
This is simply evidence that people are stupid.

The only modern batsmen who I could countenance batting #3 ahead of Ponting in the modern era are Lara and Sanga (and I'd still play Ponting there if at all possible). EDIT: And Dravid I suppose. Rate Ponting decisively higher, though.

If you look at his 51-52 average and assume that was genuinely his level then you don't understand cricket, frankly.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
This is simply evidence that people are stupid.

The only modern batsmen who I could countenance batting #3 ahead of Ponting in the modern era are Lara and Sanga (and I'd still play Ponting there if at all possible). EDIT: And Dravid I suppose. Rate Ponting decisively higher, though.

If you look at his 51-52 average and assume that was genuinely his level then you don't understand cricket, frankly.
I didn't think it was a serious comment. So so stupid if it was