• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Best-Ever Test Championship Rating Draft

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Barry Richards is a steal in this draft for 586 points.

Weldone XI:
Barry Richards (586 points)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Remaining budget: 7389

Last edited:

chasingthedon

International Regular
That is stupid.

A forum is about communication. A draft is all about picking players.

A draft thread is all about talking about who have been drafted and who have not been drafted yet.

Typical discussion before a draft is what player(s) will go number 1 and get picked in the first few rounds and who will get drafted last or not at all.
One of the more fun aspects of a draft is targetting a particular player then hoping no one ahead of you picks him. By your constant insistence on impressing everyone with your knowledge and pointing out who should pick who and when, you're taking that element away.

You're literally, and purposely, making it less fun for everyone else - like a little kid running around at the grown up's poker party yelling out everyone's hand.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eh, I'll just make a team that's fun to watch.

Will go for Mike procter with a rating of 672.

The OS XI

-
-
-
-
-
-
Mike Procter
-
-
-
-

Balance: 7303

watson

Banned
I suggest Grumpy that if you want to do discuss Drafting then you set up a separate thread to discuss the topic of Drafting. To do it right here is a bit weird. And trust me, I know weird.

Last edited:
I suggest Grumpy that if you want to do discuss Drafting then you set up a separate thread to discuss the topic of Drafting. To do it right here is a bit weird. And trust me, I know weird.
Discussing drafting in a draft thread is weird to you and you know weird?

Just how much do you find weird that you know to be weird?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Grumpy - There are at least 4-5 posters here who've separately told you that they don't like what you're doing in this thread. I personally think all 17 drafters here know more about drafting than you. So, you may want to sit back, relax and learn. You can surely discuss drafting here and participate in the banter - but don't advise people. They don't need advice from you.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Revised Total Budget = 7975 ratings points at an average of 725 per player. (Better I think, and hopefully spot on. Perhaps a bit overly generous if anything.)

Reliance ICC Player Rankings

ROUND 1
1. weldone - Barry Richards (586)
2. OverratedSanity - Mike Procter (672)
3. AldoRaine18 - Harold Larwood (720)
4. Howe_zat
5. Days of Grace
6. Prince EWS
7. WalkingWicket
8. Honestbharani
9. Pothas
10. kyear
11. Zinzan
12. Watson
13. Coronis
14. longranger
15. Chasingthedon
16. AndyZaltzHair
17. Red Hill

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I want to quote a selection to sarcastically post 'wrong', but so far the picks have been the my favourite opening batsman, my favourite bowling all-rounder, the best damn all-rounder period, and the greatest bowler of all time.

So you're all completely right, and not a 'keeper or spinner in sight.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The reason I don't think of Richards, B as a bargain here is because the thread says 'Test' in the title. I don't think you can get a steal here just by picking players who didn't play enough matches.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The reason I don't think of Richards, B as a bargain here is because the thread says 'Test' in the title. I don't think you can get a steal here just by picking players who didn't play enough matches.
Wrong. It's not a draft to pick the XI best suited to test cricket. It's a "Test championship rating" draft. The entire point is to pick undoubtedly great players who for some reason or another didn't get a high rating.

And he absolutely is a bargain because compared to any other batsmen with that low a rating, he's a way better batsman in the eyes of most people.

watson

Banned
Revised Total Budget = 7975 ratings points at an average of 725 per player.

http://relianceiccrankings.com/playercomparison/test/

ROUND 1
1. weldone - Barry Richards (586)
2. OverratedSanity - Mike Procter (672)
3. AldoRaine18 - Harold Larwood (720)
4. Howe_zat - Keith Miller (862)
5. Days of Grace - Richard Hadlee (909)
6. Prince EWS - Imran Khan (922)
7. WalkingWicket - Shane Warne (905)
8. Honestbharani - Garry Sobers (938)
9. Pothas
10. kyear
11. Zinzan
12. Watson
13. Coronis
14. longranger
15. Chasingthedon
16. AndyZaltzHair
17. Red Hill

Agree with Andy and Dan - nice start to the Draft, Miller included.

Last edited: