Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: How Biased are Officials in cricket

  1. #1
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,303

    How Biased are Officials in cricket

    Irfan pathan was found guilty of clapping at damiyen martyn when he got him out even though martyn was seen acussing pathan of bad mouthing him. evne though there was any cler evidence of that from T V Replays.

    When muralitharan had accused hussain of some charges last month or so the official denied the charges stating that there was no evedence in it.where did the officials now got the evidence

    this forum will not be enough to write down all the double standerd that has been occuring all the while
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

  2. #2
    Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    27,193
    Clearly everyone is biased against the subcontinent despite Ehsaan Mani being from Pakistan?

    Because no one from anywhere else is ever fined or banned and can do what they like, Bilal Shafayat wasn't suspened for a game for his outburst after being run out today, and Shane Warne didn't get banned.

    Obviously, everyone is out to get India and Pakistan and Sri Lanka and India would have won the World Cup, Tests and VB Series if it wasn't for biased officials.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  3. #3
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    IMO the days of racial bias against subcontinental players are long gone.
    The problem now is the perception that "mental disintegration" and Australia go hand-in-hand, and for anyone else, it's disgraceful and a report-worthy offence.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  4. #4
    PY
    PY is offline
    International Coach PY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    10,740
    Question : How Biased are Officials in cricket?

    Answer : They aren't.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

    - Stephen Currie

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1


  5. #5
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,303
    Originally posted by Neil Pickup
    Clearly everyone is biased against the subcontinent despite Ehsaan Mani being from Pakistan?

    Because no one from anywhere else is ever fined or banned and can do what they like, Bilal Shafayat wasn't suspened for a game for his outburst after being run out today, and Shane Warne didn't get banned.

    Obviously, everyone is out to get India and Pakistan and Sri Lanka and India would have won the World Cup, Tests and VB Series if it wasn't for biased officials.
    there goes the same old trick if we say some thing its because we have lost the series

    what about muralis case sril anka won the series.
    what about slater incident india won the series.
    if dravid was cautioned artherton was not
    if sehwag was banned pollock was not.
    if tendulkar was fined macmillan was not.
    hayden can do what ever he want .he can hit the bowler with bat ho he didnt see him there but we cannot clap a wicket afetr 35 overs.of not so good bowling.
    why in every sports they get banned for 4 years or for life why was warne left with only 1 year.

  6. #6
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,303
    Originally posted by PY
    Question : How Biased are Officials in cricket?

    Answer : They aren't.
    Yes they aren't if u r not from sub continent

  7. #7
    First Class Debutant SquidAU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One Eyed Pirate Island!
    Posts
    853
    Originally posted by koch_cha
    there goes the same old trick if we say some thing its because we have lost the series

    what about muralis case sril anka won the series.
    what about slater incident india won the series.
    if dravid was cautioned artherton was not
    if sehwag was banned pollock was not.
    if tendulkar was fined macmillan was not.
    hayden can do what ever he want .he can hit the bowler with bat ho he didnt see him there but we cannot clap a wicket afetr 35 overs.of not so good bowling.
    why in every sports they get banned for 4 years or for life why was warne left with only 1 year.
    Don't you think your looking at it from a bias point of view? Plenty of umpiring and match referee decisions have gone against ALL players from ALL countries, not just the sub continent....

    This kind of "discussion" only comes up when there is a close Test or one day series......if India or Australia had won it fair and square ie 4-0 2-1 or something, no one would be talking about the so called "biased" umpiring!
    Last edited by SquidAU; 10-02-2004 at 10:40 AM.

  8. #8
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands
    Posts
    29,567
    I think you will find that 99% of decisions made are completely unbiased...

    However I dont you think you can simply say everything is fine and dandy, becuase i think it is impossible for so many different nationalities to mix in a worldwide game without a tinge of bias... It must happen sometimes..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Kocha - I dont think there is any particular bias against sub-continent players. There might be some inconsistencies in taking decisions but Bias - NO. Subcontinent is well represented in ICC and I am sure if these people notice any bias against their own countries, they will raise a voice against it.

    As far as banning the players is concerned, ICC didn't take the decision, it was implemented by respective boards.

  10. #10
    Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    27,193
    And Darren Lehmann never got censored at all...

    Where have those grapes gone?

  11. #11
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    63,003
    Also, a point to consider is the fact that the disciplinary code has significantly changed in recent times, in many cases SINCE the incidents you're complaining about.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  12. #12
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    If anything it's now too strict.
    The worst part is the rubbish about "not looking at the Umpire" when a clear nick has been made.
    It's the batsman who should be punished, not the bowler!
    Lbws is fine but caught-behinds, especially when there's a deviation, is quite ridiculous. You don't look at the Umpire when someone smacks it back to you, do you? Or even when you claim a low catch.

  13. #13
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,303
    Originally posted by Neil Pickup
    And Darren Lehmann never got censored at all...

    Where have those grapes gone?

    Just wait for mcGrath to return though it looks like he may never!!!

    He will give u one reason for this post every match.

    he can call anything he want every one including the umpires and i don't remember he getting fined at the least.

    if there is any provision for this just go through the persons fined or banned by iCC not by their on board.and u will find out for u r selves

  14. #14
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,303
    Originally posted by Langeveldt
    I think you will find that 99% of decisions made are completely unbiased...

    However I dont you think you can simply say everything is fine and dandy, becuase i think it is impossible for so many different nationalities to mix in a worldwide game without a tinge of bias... It must happen sometimes..
    i said ICC is biased not certain individuals in ICC

  15. #15
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    evesham
    Posts
    117
    Originally posted by koch_cha
    Just wait for mcGrath to return though it looks like he may never!!!

    He will give u one reason for this post every match.

    he can call anything he want every one including the umpires and i don't remember he getting fined at the least.

    if there is any provision for this just go through the persons fined or banned by iCC not by their on board.and u will find out for u r selves
    Very good point my friend. And this is from one of McGrath's largest supporters. He seems to get away with cursing anyone & anything...while others are getting repremanded at the drop of a hat.
    'Tis better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •